"Essential PV" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Vallarta by richmalak

Puerto Vallarta Travel Guide: 1,144 reviews and 1,983 photos

Perspective:

This is a work in progress. More to come. I have many experiences to add, and many to delete. The goal is to make this a more efficient resource.

Travel to PV about twice per year and consider it paradise as well as a home away from home. Have not experienced much off the beaten path as do not yet speak Spanish but one day will and will really get to the heart of things.

Anyway, am obsessed w/Mexican cuisine and culture...once owned a Mexican restaurant...so much of my experience is food related...which, i think, is a big part of the culture.

Intent:

Intent is to share specific PV experiences with you.

It seems too many guides jump all over the place and try to cover too much and do not provide specific information.

If you read it here you can rest assured that I have experienced it first hand and that I have no reason to mislead you as I receive no advertising revenue from anyone.

• Pros:Food, People, Weather, Landscape, Value...
  • Cons:Can't visit more often
  • In a nutshell:PV is paradise
  • Last visit to Puerto Vallarta: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 30, 2003

• Oct 23, 2008 at 11:41 AM

What did you take Cipro for? Revenge from food, drink, booze?

• May 9, 2008 at 3:37 PM

I think that before anyone uses this info, she should check out the drug as it has some nasty side effects and contraindications.

• Oct 10, 2007 at 3:08 PM

Titinos has been one of our "must go" places every time we've been there. The food is excellent, service from dad & son always a treat. Prices can't be beat.

• garyrbeck's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2007 at 7:49 PM

I agree but maybe the ribs and peel your own shrimp at El Torito [not related to US chain.] So many really good places and not expensive if you know, like I do working on my guide! I luv the little mom and pop family places. garyrbeck

• montyjam's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2006 at 5:32 PM

This place has been closed for a couple of years now.

• juanfrances's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2004 at 8:39 AM

This is the most extensive and the best loving comments I have ever read ! 1000 Congrats ! I enjoy also the facts that Gringo & local customs are an issue for him, and that prices are another issue :-) !

• Aug 8, 2003 at 9:08 AM

I didn't bother with the food because I was there to drink and dance. We were having a groovin' ol' time until the old man and the donkey were summoned. So depressing. I couldn't understand why people got such a kick out of them.

richmalak

“When in Rome”

Badges & Stats in Puerto Vallarta

Have you been to Puerto Vallarta?

Latest Activity in Puerto Vallarta