"Transylvania County, NC, The Land of Waterfalls" Brevard by cascadia28747
Brevard Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 51 photos
This is a very lush and beautiful place for the sightseer and hiker. There are 2 National Forests, 2 state parks and the Blue Ridge Parkway, a National Park. Picnicing, hiking, tubing down rivers, fishing, camping are all part of it. Over 250 major waterfalls. The only downside is that it can be rainy from time to time so come equipped for that. The other side of this area is all the arts, historic preservation, and the Brevard Music Center and Brevard College. There is something for everyone. For such a small area, there is an amazing number of restaurants, some are excellent. Lodging is everything from beds & breakfasts, to small cabins and campsites, 2 chain hotels and 3 privately owned ones. Take you pick.. I live here; I love it.
- Pros:Natural resources, the arts, great dining, mild weather
- Cons:sometimes a rainy spell
- In a nutshell:It's no wonder this area was once rated #1 Place to Retire
It is an extremely friendly town and there is a lot of outdoor dining in warm weather. Folks love to walk up and down... more travel advice
Brevard Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brevard: A Charming Town in the Mountains"
- "Transylvania County, NC, The Land of Waterfalls"
- "Brevard, North Carolina"
- "Falls around Brevard Area"
- "Jan_sue's new Brevard Page"
- "Brevard... Waterfalls Waterfalls Waterfalls"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brevard
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Brevard?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brevard
No friends yet.