"Horizons Galore!" Bermuda by airkarat
Bermuda Travel Guide: 734 reviews and 2,305 photos
In February 2003 with the weather so frosty in Toronto, I was arising at an ungodly 5:30am to plug in the car battery charger before making the hour's drive to work. It was at this early hour that I checked Expedia for Bermuda offers. I had been there once before and recalled they ran 'companion fares' in the month of February. I couldn't believe the prices I was seeing at that moment - for two of us to fly, and to stay at a 3-star efficiency cottage for three nights, was only $638! I didn't waste another second before raiding Scott's work jeans for *his* credit card.
One week later we were flying out, over my horrid workplace, having called in 'sick'. The company I worked for was under investigation for fraud and I was forced to work overtime to develop a new corporate identity, and to change our 800-pg website within a week- then they planned to sack me before my one-year employment anniversary to avoid paying a penalty. After a 60 hour week working under pressure to incorporate a 'horizon' into a new logo, everytime I closed my eyes I saw sunrises, sunsets and ocean views. Being in Bermuda, everytime I OPENED my eyes I saw sunrises, sunsets and ocean views. It was the best thing I could have done in a bad situation.
How many of us do that - 'I'm Outta Here' Travel? as in leaving a toxic situation to retrieve some dignity and peace? Bermuda has been that destination for me on now two occasions ;) A great place to slow down, reflect, take long walks, and to be treated with respect.
- Pros:A great place to hide out when feeling fat and dejected ;)
- Cons:It's usually so expensive to get there! (compared to 'Caribbean' destinations)
The beaches with their rocky stacks and secluded grottos. This is a picture of Scott's first view of Horseshoe Bay - for... more travel advice
Fort St. Catherine is just one of many forts preserved for our enjoyment. It had Victorian-era cannons and dizzying... more travel advice
airkarat's Related Pages
Bermuda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Back to my first real home"
- "Bermuda - an English outpost"
- "Bermuda ~ The Somers Isles"
- "Bermuda - A snapshoot from an outsider"
- "Let me help you find Bermuda"
- "Bermuda-A Tropical Beauty!"
- "Bermuda, beautiful in Every Way...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bermuda
- Hotels in Bermuda
- Transportation in Bermuda
- Nightlife in Bermuda
- Restaurants in Bermuda
- Shopping in Bermuda
- Warnings and Dangers in Bermuda
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bermuda
- 12 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bermuda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bermuda
Top 10 Pages
- Bermuda Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Yemassee Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Stavanger Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Picton Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Saint Catharines 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Orangeville Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Owen Sound Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Stonington 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Midland 2 reviews, 2 photos