"Welcome" airkarat's Profile

It turned out for the best!

This is me at HOME - a little cottage I bought when I couldn't afford much more. I had started to fix it up when Scott joined me a year later. In the end, what I thought was a step backward turned out to be for the best - because with such affordable accomodations, we can go TRAVELLING! And travel we do - in the last year we've been to northern Europe, Bermuda and of course in and around Ontario and Quebec. We are thinking of Eastern Europe, Mexico and Polynesia for the future, but every day I look through VT there are more destinations!

Small Journeys

This is my son on one of our 'adventures' at a maple syrup farm near Peterborough, Ontario. Although I like camping, with young children (I have two), I have found that bed and breakfast accomodations are an affordable and convenient way to travel. We could spend many more years exploring all the towns and natural settings within a few hours of home!

Wait for me!!

Everything is better with a little altitude - here is one crazy attempt to get airborne... followed by another dozen.. and a broken leg ;( Think that's impressive? - Scott's a REAL skydiver - a freeflyer who jumps with a camera on his head. Sometimes we go to Florida in the winter - Scott has also spent time jumping in South Africa.

• Intro Updated Aug 6, 2003

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!