"Home Sweet Home" Oyster Bay by mrdarius
Oyster Bay Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 53 photos
Oyster Bay is where I lived for my last year in high school before going off to Boston University. I can't really call it my home because I only lived there for a year, but my father still lives there.
It is a nice area only two miles from Locust Valley. It's right next to Bayville, which during the summer turns into a little tourist trap since it's right on the Long Island sound. Shore Road goes along Oyster Bay and provides for scenic but quick Sunday drive.
I am obsessed with taking pictures of tree canopies. I've noticed that more than one of these usually make people very bored, so here one tree canopy picture from Oyster Bay.
Long Island is filled with non-public beaches. Most of them require a car to get to and a residency sticker for your car. Here is one of those private beaches, right near where I live.
The most popular beach in the immediate area is Ransom Beach, located on the Long Island Sound. It gets decimated during every hurricane and tends to spew its sand onto Bayville Road whenever it gets the chance.
- Pros:Quiet area, some good fishing and seafood
- Cons:Too quiet to grow up in :)
- In a nutshell:Ever read Great Gatsby? This is East Egg.
Sagamore Hill was the home of President Teddy Roosevelt (who was also Governor of NY state). It's now a national... more travel advice
While the beaches in the area look nice, most of them aren't dream-beaches. Since they were formed by glaciers and... more travel advice
mrdarius' Related Pages
Oyster Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home Sweet Home"
- "Interesting History Here"
- "A Visit to Sagamore Hill"
- "Oysters ..."
- "Oyster Bay, NY"
- "Resident wildlife at Theodore Roosevelt Sanctuary"
- "Tiny pretty beach town heavily immersed in history"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Oyster Bay
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Oyster Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oyster Bay
Photos in Oyster BaySee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Vilnius Intro, 26 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 29 reviews, 20 photos
- Dublin Intro, 20 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Killarney Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lithuania Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Cancún Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Oyster Bay Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Locust Valley Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Vienna Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos