"Saunas and Lakes and Bob, oh my!" Lutsen by mrdarius
Lutsen Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 7 photos
My sister, Ellen and I visited our friend Sarah in Duluth, Minnesota (2 hours north of St. Paul) for about a week. Sarah's uncle Bob own a place on a lake up in Lutsen, which is 2 hours north from Duluth.
The weather was actually kinda chilly while we were there, so we didn't do too much swimming, but we had a blast. With a sauna, a rowboat and a bonfire, we managed to have tons of fun.
Bob arrived shortly after we did and helped grill some killer steaks. Bob is one of those people who are an endless stream of information (useful and sometimes useless). This made the trip more interesting (at least for me), in that we got to learn all about the houses and history of the lake during an hour tour. I also got to engage Bob in a deep conversation about religion.
Lutsen was a great break from my summer in the city of Boston. Hope to go again some time and to get some pictures up here someday (didn't have my camera on the trip, but maybe Vaiva, Sarah or Ellen have some scanned).
mrdarius' Related Pages
Lutsen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lutsen Minnesota - Great in the summer too!"
- "Saunas and Lakes and Bob, oh my!"
- "Winter Wonder Land"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lutsen
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Lutsen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lutsen
Top 10 Pages
- Vilnius Intro, 26 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 29 reviews, 20 photos
- Dublin Intro, 20 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Killarney Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lithuania Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Cancún Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Oyster Bay Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Locust Valley Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Vienna Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos