"Love that Dirty Water" Boston by mrdarius
Boston Travel Guide: 3,886 reviews and 8,419 photos
I lived in Boston for 5 years now (Boston University for 4 plus one to work a crappy job before moving somehwere else). My favorite thing to do in Boston was to go on adventures with my gf Ellen. Last year we went someplace new every week on Thursdays. From Cambridge to the South End, from Ethiopian to Spanish. Good times.
Here's a nicer picture of Boston from across the Charles River. I attribute the unfocused look to pollution. It's kinda sick. I consider myself more of a city person who escapes to the country rather than vice versa, but the one thing that always gets to me in ANY city is exhaust fumes.
My favorite things about Boston are its size and character. Not as huge and crazy as New York. Boston is very historic, filled with students, and many card-carrying Sox fans. People are very opinionated yet kind and courteous (think Brian from Average Joe 2).
Maybe I'm trying to really drive the point home here, but, DO NOT SWIM IN THE CHARLES!! There are actually signs around the river that warn you not to swim in it...let's hope it changes by 2060!!
- Pros:One of the oldest cities in the USA, lots of historic stuff to see
- Cons:Political mess, lot's of taxes for mamoth construction projects
- In a nutshell:Just Pahk Yah Cah in Hahvudd Yahd
Porcelain "paintings" literally covering the walls and neon green tablecloths with glass on top combine to give the... more travel advice
This place is a must-shop for VT'ers. It's got tons of travel books and other travel materials, including maps and... more travel advice
- To Drive, To Ride, Perchance to Park
- See All Superbowl
- See All Not so "Pour"
- See All Catch a Show
mrdarius' Related Pages
Boston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…"
- "IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
- "The Perfect Weekend Away City"
- "Boston in a Nutshell"
- "Boston Features the Old and New"
- "Boston, baby!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boston
- Hotels in Boston
- Transportation in Boston
- Nightlife in Boston
- Restaurants in Boston
- Shopping in Boston
- Warnings and Dangers in Boston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boston
- 29 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boston
Top 10 Pages
- Vilnius Intro, 26 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 29 reviews, 20 photos
- Dublin Intro, 20 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Killarney Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lithuania Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Cancún Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Oyster Bay Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Locust Valley Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Vienna Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos