""THE CITY OF THE WIND"" Comodoro Rivadavia by Charlin_Baby
Comodoro Rivadavia Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 3 photos
Comodoro Rivadavia is located in the Southeast corner of the Province of Chubut.
It is the entry point to the tourist corridors of southern Patagonia through Route 3 and as such, it is the most important urban center of the region.
Founded in 1907, when oil was discovered in the area of Gulf San Jorge, Comodoro is an extense city, the downtown area is located at the foot of Cerro Chenque, with a height of more than 200 m. From there you can view different boroughs settled in deep canyons protected from the wind, the sea washing the coast and, as a visual limit on the north, the Salamanca Peak. You will be surprised by the uneven levels and splendid views of the sea, since the coast has a rugged contour combining beaches with fine sand or rolling stones protected by 60 m. cliffs over the bays and coves.
In summer you can enjoy the beaches since the typical winds simmer down and are warmer. Also in winter, if you love fishing, will find wide beaches for this activity.
In addition to the oil riches, it has got wool and fish; it is a center for the capture of shrimps and spider crabs of high quality.
Touring around the city you will be able to see the typical oil pumps and windmills utilized to generate electricity.
Comodoro Rivadavia has an international airport, very good roads, excellent hotels and gastronomy, so you can really enjoy what this city has got to offer.
Charlin_Baby's Related Pages
Comodoro Rivadavia Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Comodoro Rivadavia
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Comodoro Rivadavia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Comodoro Rivadavia
Photos in Comodoro RivadaviaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Lima Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mar del Plata Intro, 17 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Quito Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- El Calafate Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ushuaia Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Argentina Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 4 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Esquel Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
Latest Comodoro Rivadavia hotel reviews
- Lucania Palazzo Hotel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 6, 2013