"Hilary's Many Trekk's...Always Boldly Going!" TrekknHil's Profile
Rembrandt, Vermeer, Hals, de Hooch, van Ruisdael and van Gogh for good measure. A great place to see the Dutch masters from the Golden Age.
Spend the day looking at the collections of furniture, china, costumes and sculpture.
The "Rijks" was designed by P.J.H Cuypers, the same architecht who designed Centraal Station.
There are old homes around the city that date back to the 1600's. They are usually very narrow since taxes were based on the width of a house. Now you know why the Dutch must have steep, narrow, scary stairs.
There is nothing more relaxing than sitting at the edge of a canal and watching the people and the boats go by.
Grab a table at a patio cafe and it is yours for the afternoon...purchase required of course :)
They are a nice, not too expensive way to see the city from a different perspective. The night cruise is extra nice because the bridges are all illuminated.
Find water and you will find a canal cruise. If all else fails, head to Centraal Station.
You can choose a canal bus, a museum bus, peddle boats or even a water taxi
Sex is in the air.
Beware...don't buy drugs on the street.
Don't take pictures of the girls.
Don't get drunk and make a fool of yourself
Notice all the red lights above the doors.
There are churches everywhere...Westerkerk, Noorderkerk, Oude Kerk, Nieuwe Kerk and St. Nicolaaskerk are most of the major ones.
Museum Amstelkring, aka, Our Lord in the Attic, is another note worthy stop.
Check your travel guide for other Jewish and especially Portugees Synagoges
Lots of smaller cities await your exploration. From 15 minutes up to 2 hours away.
Harleem, Gouda, Delft, Utrecht, Voldendam, Den Haag, Alkmaar and Leiden are just a few of the interesting destinations that will get you out of the city for the day.
A true glimpse into Dutch culture awaits you.
Stay with me on this...Poison, Adams's Apple, White Widow, Power Plant, Silver Haze, Morning Glory, Sweet Tooth, Super Sativa, Edel Weiss, Orange Bud, Misty, F1, Redhead, White Dolphin, Hindu Kush, Crystal, Shiva, Big Bang, White Bud, BlueBerrry, Phazer, Spirit of Amsterdam, Choco Mist, Grey Mist, White Tiger, Alegria, Creeper Haze, NYC Diesel, Buddah's Sister, AK-47, Berry Mist, Juicy Fruit, Northernlight 5 Haze.
Thankfully...as you can see, there is more to this town than just marijuana!!!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
- Member Rank:
- 0 3 2 9 1
- Real Name
- Member Since
- Feb 16, 2003
- 44 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 44 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- TrekknHil and danmcf are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Christmas Markets around town..."
updated their Personal Page "Where I've stayed...2003"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A new way to see Amsterdam - in black and white"
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "TrekknHil...Always Boldly Going...to Amsterdam!"
- Wrote a Review De Munt about Munttoren - Mint Tower in Amsterdam Things to Do
- Commented on MBDVB's profile page
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos