"Adelaide's Beachside Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Glenelg by lovinoz
Glenelg Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 215 photos
Jetty Road is only about 10 blocks long and has dozens of shops and restaurants, with the Stamford Grand Hotel at the end, next to the jetty. Also next to the jetty is the Rodney Fox Shark Experience Museum and a few cafes. Up towards the start of Jetty Road is Glenelg Cinema which shows a few movies a day and has some unique old-fashioned decor. A few doors down is my favorite restaurant in Glenelg, Spices. See my tip for more info.
The Adelaide - Glenelg Tram runs down Jetty Road, adding extra charm to the place. For the tram schedule, CLICK HERE. The trip takes about 25 minutes from downtown Adelaide.
- Pros:I live here, nice beach, great food
- Cons:Very crowded on a nice day, parking can be a royal pain
- In a nutshell:Glenelg has it all!
Pub downstairs and restaurant upstairs. This place is only a few months old. The location is incredible, with a view... more travel advice
If you enjoy a mix of live bands and DJ's with modern loud music - mainly R&B and top 20 - this is the place for you.... more travel advice
lovinoz's Related Pages
Glenelg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Adelaide's Premier Seaside Resort"
- "Glenelg, Australia"
- "Reliving my childhood memories"
- "Adelaide's Beachside Town"
- "Glenelg - Adelaide's Historical Port"
- "Birth place of South Australia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glenelg
- Hotels in Glenelg
- Transportation in Glenelg
- Nightlife in Glenelg
- Restaurants in Glenelg
- Shopping in Glenelg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glenelg
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Glenelg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glenelg
Top 10 Pages
- Second Valley Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Adelaide Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cocoa Beach Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glenelg Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Nepal Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Port Douglas Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Surfers Paradise Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rapid Bay Intro, 8 photos, 2 travelogues