"Romantic charm of Becej" Becej by Jeca011
Becej Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 83 photos
According to the archeological searches it is known that this area was inhabited since the millennium BC, since the older neolith. The first written mention of Becej originates from 1091. During the millennium a lot of sovereigns have changed - from Hungars , Austrians to Austro Hungar empire which rule ends in 1918 when these regions join the SHS kingdom and after the World War become part of Yugoslavia - today Serbia and Montenegro.
Becej includes the town of Becej and the places called Backo Gradiste, Backo Petrovo Selo, Milesevo, Poljanice and Radicevic.
The biggest natural resource of the community is the 44.000 hectare extremely fertile land, the water resource, earth gas and springs of thermal waters.
- Pros:Old romantic town
Restaurant in hotel “Fantast” Try "Fantast stake" - Stake filled with vegetables, ham and cheese. Delicious. more travel advice
Today, in the castle there is hotel "FANTAST" the property of "Becej Industrial Farm". Old famous racing horse from... more travel advice
Jeca011's Related Pages
Becej Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Romantic charm of Becej"
- "The town of Becej"
- "Welcome to Fantast castle in Becej!!!!!"
- "Castle Fantast Becej"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Becej
- 32 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Becej?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Becej
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 102 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Former Republic of Serbia and Montenegro Intro, 48 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zemun Intro, 51 reviews, 54 photos
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 41 reviews, 39 photos
- Becej Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Verona Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budva Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Topola Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Arandjelovac Intro, 23 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues