"Brussels" Brussels by dln6874
Brussels Travel Guide: 5,656 reviews and 11,977 photos
I did a one day trip to Brussels while I was living in Den Haag. The train ride is only like 2.5 hrs. Once there, I immediately got on a hop-on/hop-off tour bus. I was pretty beat from staying up late last night so I wasn’t in the mood to walk around too much. Besides, I had no idea where anything was, or what there was to even see. The tour was pretty good. It was an open top and the weather cooperated, so I got to take whole bunch of pictures from the bus. Half-way through the tour, a family came on, and the one woman who sat next to me was actually from Williamsburg! I hardly see Americans as it is, but what are the odds of the rare American sitting next to me and being from that area. I didn’t chat with her too long though as the tour ended shortly afterwards. She continued on to the rest of the tour, and I headed over to the center area – the Grand-Place Grote Market.
There is a nice gothic cathedral here. There was a band playing today in the plaza, and there was some sort of a parade in the streets. Many many tourists too. I also managed to find the peeing-boy by accident, and it turned out there was some special ceremony going on there at 4 today. Many tourists were there waiting for the pee boy to be revealed. I don’t understand why this little peeing statue is so famous. I guess they change the statue’s dressing/clothes every now and then. When the statue was finally revealed, everyone got all happy. All it did was pee, and squirt people once in a while. How silly. Reminds me of the massive number of observers that the clock in Munich gathered. At the end of the day, I picked up a kilo of chocolates and headed home.
- In a nutshell:Home of the Chocolates!
dln6874's Related Pages
Brussels Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than a decade in Brussels"
- "Say Brussels?? K! let's go to find The Soul"
- "Gothic treasures , art nouveaux - a royal city!"
- "BRUXELLES - BRUSSEL - BRUSSELS"
- "Brussels, Capital of Belgium"
- "Bruxelles, ma belle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brussels
- Hotels in Brussels
- Transportation in Brussels
- Nightlife in Brussels
- Restaurants in Brussels
- Shopping in Brussels
- Warnings and Dangers in Brussels
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brussels
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Brussels?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brussels
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 9 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Schwarzwald Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Namibia Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Wellington Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos