"Cd. Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico" Juárez by MarkJochim
Juárez Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 22 photos
Juarez, just across the U.S. border from El Paso, Texas, is Mexico's fifth largest city. The Mission of Guadalupe was founded there in December 1659 by Franciscan monks. El Paso del Norte (the Pass of the North) was declared capital of the Mexican republic in 1865 by then president Benito Juarez. In 1888, the city was renamed Ciudad Juarez.
Tourism began booming in Juarez in the 1940's and 1950's when soldiers training at El Paso's Fort Bliss began visiting the city. Today, many tourists stream over the Bridge of the Americas to shop for bargains in Mexican crafts and artwork and eat the authentic food.
- Pros:Great churches and monuments.
- Cons:Most of the area near the border is one huge tourist trap.
This sculpture was designed by the talented artist Humberto Peraza. It is situated at the entrance to Monumental Bull... more travel advice
The Monument to Benito Juarez was dedicated in 1910 on the 100th anniversary of Mexican independence from Spain. more travel advice
MarkJochim's Related Pages
Juárez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quick trip across the BORDER, no Visa necessary"
- "Cd. Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico"
- "Juárez, Chihuahua, México"
- "Ciudad Juárez (see also twin city El Paso)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Juárez
- Hotels in Juárez
- Transportation in Juárez
- Restaurants in Juárez
- Shopping in Juárez
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Juárez
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Juárez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Juárez
Photos in JuárezSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southampton Intro, 39 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenwich Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Beijing Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acoma Pueblo Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Canyon de Chelly National Monument Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Chaco Canyon National Monument Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taos Pueblo Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos