"Jemez Springs, New Mexico" Jemez Springs by MarkJochim
Jemez Springs Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 21 photos
The funky mountain village of Jemez Springs (12 miles north of Jemez Pueblo and 20 miles west of the Valle Caldera on NM 4) draws outdoor types for hiking, cross-country skiing, and camping in the surrounding forests. The town's biggest tourist draws are Jemez State Monument (see separate VT page) and Soda Dam, but many people come here for relaxation at the town's bath house (built in 1870).
The town was designated an All-American City in 1995 (the smallest community to receive this honor); the fact that NM 4 which passes through it was declared one of the country's 55 National Scenic Byways should tell you this is a very beautiful area.
There are a couple of good places to eat in town, two Zen centers, and some art galleries.
MarkJochim's Related Pages
Jemez Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hangin' in Jemez on a Summer Day"
- "Jemez Springs, New Mexico"
- "Jemez Springs"
- "Basaic Jemez Springs Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jemez Springs
- Restaurants in Jemez Springs
- Warnings and Dangers in Jemez Springs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jemez Springs
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Jemez Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jemez Springs
Top 10 Pages
- Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southampton Intro, 39 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenwich Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Beijing Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acoma Pueblo Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Canyon de Chelly National Monument Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Chaco Canyon National Monument Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taos Pueblo Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos