"CORRALES, NEW MEXICO" Corrales by MarkJochim
Corrales Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 25 photos
Corrales is a small community just two miles north of Albuquerque and is bordered by Rio Rancho on the west. The village was originally an agricultural community and still contains winding dirt roads, corn fields, and apple orchards. It is also dotted with small art galleries, craft shops, and roadside fruit and vegetable stands.
For residents of urban areas of Albuquerque, Corrales offers a pleasant escape - summer road trips to the Farmer's Market are popular and attending the fall Harvest Festival is a must. There are several historic structures to visit including the Casa San Ysidro House Museum and the old San Ysidro Church. For out-of-town visitors, there are several nice bed and breakfasts in a addition to a host of world-class restaurants.
Corrales was founded in 1706 and contains many examples of adobe Territorial Pueblo style architecture.
The main road through town is serious about controlling motorists' speed, and enforcement keeps traffic abiding by the... more travel advice
MarkJochim's Related Pages
Corrales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A charming village just minutes from ABQ"
- "CORRALES, NEW MEXICO"
- "The Emerald in the Rough"
- "Speed traps and Cops want your money"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corrales
- Transportation in Corrales
- Restaurants in Corrales
- Warnings and Dangers in Corrales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Corrales
- 3 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Corrales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corrales
Photos in CorralesSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southampton Intro, 39 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenwich Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Beijing Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acoma Pueblo Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Canyon de Chelly National Monument Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Chaco Canyon National Monument Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taos Pueblo Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos