"ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO" Albuquerque by MarkJochim
Albuquerque Travel Guide: 775 reviews and 1,603 photos
Albuquerque has been called one of the most culturally diverse cities in the United States, yet most people are only familiar with the annual Balloon Fiesta, held every October.
There are many attractions to delight the traveler. Every April sees the Gathering Of Nations: North America's biggest Native American pow wow. In 2003, it will celebrate it's 20th anniversary.
Albuquerque also boasts the world's longest jigback passenger tramway which travels 2.7 miles to a height of 10,378 feet.
We also have a world-class Botanical Garden and Aquarium, a wide variety of museums (including the National Atomic Museum and the American International Rattlesnake Museum), as well as the Petroglyph National Monument.
The cultural diversity is represented by Albuquerque's location of the National Hispanic Cultural Center and the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center. Among the different cuisines represented in the city are Japanese, Thai, Afghani, French, and - of course - New Mexican restaurants.
A wide variety of architecture is to be found here - from the historic San Felipe de Neri Church (dating from 1706) and former Spanish haciendas circling the Old Town Plaza to the art deco-style KiMo Theater to the modern Federal Court House.
Join me, fellow Virtual Tourist, to discover the many surprises of Albuquerque - more than just balloons!
- Pros:Many things to see and do; lots of sunshine
- Cons:Poor traffic; rising crime
- In a nutshell:Great place to visit and live.
Albuquerque's main airport (officially called the "Sunport") lies just a few miles south of downtown and is adjacent to... more travel advice
The Isotopes finally played their home opener on Friday, April 11, 2003. The opening ceremonies included speeches by... more travel advice
Written Apr 5, 2003
Written May 6, 2003
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
MarkJochim's Related Pages
Albuquerque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of our 50 is missing ......"
- "Albuquerque - Where I Live and What to See and Do"
- "Ever Expanding"
- "Albuquerque, New Mexico"
- "Albuquerque - It's a great place!"
- "Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta-Festival Extraordinaire"
- "A place to celebrate"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albuquerque
- Hotels in Albuquerque
- Transportation in Albuquerque
- Nightlife in Albuquerque
- Restaurants in Albuquerque
- Shopping in Albuquerque
- Warnings and Dangers in Albuquerque
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albuquerque
- 45 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Albuquerque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albuquerque
- Posted in Travel Denver Forum "DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT --..."
- updated a Albuquerque Travelogue "Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta"
- Wrote a Review Albuquerque International Sunport about ABQ Sunport / Airport in Albuquerque Transportation
Photos in AlbuquerqueSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southampton Intro, 39 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenwich Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Beijing Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acoma Pueblo Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Canyon de Chelly National Monument Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Chaco Canyon National Monument Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taos Pueblo Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos