"A home in Oxford" Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford by Ginaravens

Oxford Travel Guide: 965 reviews and 2,037 photos

About 11 years

I've lived here in Oxford about 11 years, I'm very settled in my flat in the Wood Farm area, a very green location with local shops & regular buses, and in the Hospital district. Its very quiet here & I keep a bird house by my window because I love to see the birds about.

I'm not far from either City Centre, the road to London or the countryside, so it is a place that suits many moods. My daughters live in Oxford too & I see them often.

I love this City, & not being a native (born in Romford, Essex, England) I appreciate the wonderful architecture & old buildings we have here.

• Intro Updated Feb 13, 2003

• Aug 6, 2006 at 12:15 AM

Great page!! I'll be living there for one semester and your page has been very helpful. Your shopping tips are FANTASTIC!!! Can't wait to get some pastries at Maison Blanc =0) Pris

• yurxlnc's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2006 at 7:23 AM

As one who has only passed through, this was a great opportunity to travel this interesting city. Thank you.

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2005 at 7:51 AM

Interesting page. Greetings!

• Bangkokjoe's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2005 at 4:28 AM

A great ripping trip down memory lane.

• Xemx's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2005 at 5:19 AM

Excellent page, thank you, I have added some of your tips to my Travel Guide. Anne

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2005 at 5:40 PM

Brilliant pages on a great university and the city it calls home.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2004 at 5:36 AM

How sad, no Eugenia for over a year. Will those unfinished pages remain a tantalizing glimpse of what might have been?

• TXB's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2004 at 5:31 AM

Flash Back: I once lived a couple of houses from the shark. I remember the legs and I think some one onece had a giant spider up. Thanks for the picture

• ultchuk's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2004 at 2:07 PM

Your page on Oxford is extensive. I liked it very much. I went there recently, but was mainly looking for anything related to Tolkien. But thanks for your information on Oxford.

• Apr 25, 2004 at 4:10 AM

Just a couple of corrections: 1. It's spelt Magdalen -- Magdalene is Cambridge 2. Magdalen Street is correctly pronounced the "normal" way. This is because it is named after St Mary Magdalen church, which should always be pronounced Mag-da-len.

Ginaravens

“Picture caption: In God's monkey we trust”

Badges & Stats in Oxford