"East of Hell" Top 5 Page for this destination Ciudad del Este by andal13

Ciudad del Este Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 67 photos

Al Este del Infierno

Ciudad del Este is the typical border city... Between Paraguay and Brazil, it is a little hybrid, but at the same time, it has its own touch... The smell of illegal activities and all kind of smuggling fills the air... The heat, the overcrowded streets, the thousands and thousands things for sale...
I spent there only a few hours... and I must confess it was enough for me!!! Anyway, I think there is much more of Ciudad del Este than shops and fake stuff, but unfortunately, I did not visit that side of the town.

Ciudad del Este es la típica ciudad de frontera... Entre Paraguay y Brasil, es un poco híbrida, pero al mismo tiempo, tiene su propio toque... El aroma de actividades ilegales y contrabando de todo tipo llena el aire... El calor, las calles abarrotadas, los miles y miles de objetos en venta...
Pasé sólo unas pocas horas allí... y debo confesar que fue suficiente para mí!!! De todos modos, creo que hay mucho más en Ciudad del Este que comercios y objetos falsos, pero lamentablemente, no visité esa parte de la ciudad.

• Last visit to Ciudad del Este: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2004

• Jan 27, 2010 at 5:40 PM

se olvidaron de ver las Cataratas del Yguasu y y los Maravilla del Salto Monday. Asi como la Represa mas grande del mundo...Itaipu..

• Ipanema_Princess's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2005 at 4:53 AM

I had the impression than you. Exept than for me it was a Sunday so everything was closed and it was even worse !!

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2005 at 8:17 AM

I had quite the same impressions - except the heat, I was there in May.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2004 at 2:03 PM

So this is where all of those Brazilian cars go! ;-\

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2004 at 1:30 AM

It seems the poetess was not especially inspired here...! But it also seems there was no chocolate to be found...! Coincidence...?? It must have been the heat that melted the chocolate...! (-;

• aukjejetty's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2004 at 2:24 AM

I love your local customs tips, I had never seen your page before. Someday I hope to spent more time reading, so many intersting places to read about!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2004 at 4:16 AM

This sounds like quite a place to visit! However, like you, I find that these hustle-and-bustle places are not really 'my cup of tea' for any length of time!

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2004 at 7:15 PM

Terere? Pero si eso es Coca-cola sin botellas, y sin dulce, y sin propaganda estupidizante...!!! (-;

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2004 at 9:53 AM

THe stories/events related to Friendship Bridge are interesting. Hope to see you online soon.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2004 at 4:26 PM

they are pretty old ants, I've seen them too...30years ago ^..^ thanx Andrea for taking e back to the past.......superb page. now what is he carrying? I suppose food?? is he??

andal13

“I haven't got a motto(rbike), but I've got boots!”

Badges & Stats in Ciudad del Este

Have you been to Ciudad del Este?

Latest Activity in Ciudad del Este