"El Calafate: Between the Steppe and the Ice" Top 5 Page for this destination El Calafate by andal13

El Calafate Travel Guide: 292 reviews and 750 photos

Entre la Estepa y el Hielo

El Calafate is a small and charming town lost in the immensity of the Patagonian steppe; it is the main doorway to the wonderful Glaciers Park.

El Calafate es un pueblo pequeño y encantador, perdido en la inmensidad de la estepa patagónica; es la puerta de ingreso al maravilloso Parque de Los Glaciares.

• Pros:It is worthwhile the long travel ~ Vale la pena el largo viaje
  • Cons:It is REALLY far ~ Está REALMENTE lejos
  • In a nutshell:Nature in its purest state ~ La Naturaleza en su estado más puro
  • Last visit to El Calafate: Jan 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 10, 2004

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2006 at 2:26 AM

Tienes unas páginas muy trabajadas con buen texto y buenas fotos . Da gusto pasear por ellas

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2004 at 7:35 AM

Very nice pages on your Patagonian sojourn giving me a good idea of what to expect.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2004 at 1:25 PM

Great page. I really enjoyed reading about El Calafate and the side trips. Hope to be there soon.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2004 at 7:01 PM

oops I missed this beauty.....what a great place and Petunia, I bet you had a great way with each other. and the name Calafate just rolls over the tongue....well done!! wonderful page queridinha, obrigadinha

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2004 at 8:52 AM

Great page Andrea! This looks like a landscape that I would love to see! So huge, so beautiful! Hahaha, and I love that chocolate tip!!!! mmmm, my favourite thing to eat :-)))))

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2004 at 10:18 PM

Seguro se llamaba "El Cafetal" y alguien se equivoco deletreando el nombre.... (-;:

• perfectly_zen's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2004 at 7:45 AM

Great page! I agree with you...that glacier is the most amazing landscape....Congratulations!

• salinhopt's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2004 at 4:28 PM

Such a gorgeous place Andrea. Fantastic pictures of the landscapes and nature. Would love to be there. Great page! Well done! :)

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2004 at 1:05 PM

Why is it that in the COLDEST of climates, we always crave ice cream?!! I never crave soup when I'm in the tropics! ;-) Wonderful page Andrea! This place looks like a summertime ....HOT spot!

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2004 at 3:05 AM

Fantastic page with great impressions!

andal13

“I haven't got a motto(rbike), but I've got boots!”

Badges & Stats in El Calafate

Have you been to El Calafate?

Latest Activity in El Calafate