"Cidade Maravilhosa" Rio de Janeiro by andal13

Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide: 3,648 reviews and 6,571 photos

"Cidade maravilhosa
cheia de encantos mil,
cidade maravilhosa,
coraçao de meu Brasil..."

"Wonderful city, full of thousand charms, wonderful city, heart of my Brazil..." says the popular song composed by André Filho. And Rio has thousand charms... and more!

"Ciudad maravillosa, llena de mil encantos, ciudad maravillosa, corazón de mi Brasil..." dice la popular canción de André Filho. Y Río tiene mil encantos... y muchos más!

Copacabana

Copacabana probably is the most famous beach in the world. The sea, the sand, its peculiar sidewalks, the wonderful sights, the important buildings, give Copacabana a distinctive character.

Copacabana es, probablemente, la playa más famosa del mundo. El mar, la arena, sus peculiares veredas, las maravillosas vistas, los edificios importantes, le dan a Copacabana un carácter distintivo.

You can take a walk along the white and black sidewalks any time; there is nothing better to cheer up!

Puedes caminar por las veredas con diseños en blanco y negro a cualquier hora del día; no hay nada mejor para animarse!

• Last visit to Rio de Janeiro: Jul 1990
  • Intro Updated Jul 26, 2003

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2004 at 9:48 AM

I want to get to here so bad!!! HHmm I have to figure that out somehow :-)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2004 at 9:57 AM

a lovely page and nice pics, bringing back great memories !

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2004 at 5:52 PM

Wonderful page! Love the photos and very helpful information, thanks :o)

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2004 at 5:58 AM

+30°C in winter? Sometimes we have +30°C here in winter too (+5 in the morning, +15 in the afternoon and +10 in the evening)

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2003 at 6:33 PM

I had a FREE ticket for Brazil for New Year's Eve! Aaaaaah, I passed on it........anyways, Santa Claus is sending me to Argentina for Tango lessons because I was a good girl this year! Maybe if I'm naughty, he'll send me to Rio! ;-))

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2003 at 8:35 AM

Sounds like an amazing place! I would be very disapointed if I came to Rio and I could not see the statue of Christ and the veiw.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2003 at 3:14 PM

you could not resist, telling the world about 1950, good on ya Andrea what a lovely Rio page. thank you for sharing

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2003 at 9:54 PM

El rio Caroni tinen un Salto que llamamos de "La Llovizna". Ojala que lo veamos juntos algun dia.

• Johnny_CA's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2003 at 6:30 PM

I'm sorry Andrea, when I think of Rio, I don't think about Corcovado and Redeemer Christ...but the little thong binkinis!!! Is this wrong??? Please spank this caballero for his impure thoughts...

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2003 at 5:43 PM

I love Rio de Janeiro and Petropolis. However, contrary to local legend, the Wright Brothers were first in flight.

andal13

“I haven't got a motto(rbike), but I've got boots!”

Badges & Stats in Rio de Janeiro

Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?

Latest Activity in Rio de Janeiro