"MY WORLD AND WELCOME TO IT!" fossettes's Profile

How did I get to be this lucky?

Welcome to my home page!

Here's my travel, and therefore my life, history! I grew up in a house filled with love in Detroit, Michigan. The summer of 1969 was a summer that changed my life. I was 8 years old and traveling Europe with my family. We visited Spain, England, France, and Morocco. It was Morocco that impressed me the most. It was so exotic and mysterious and gave me thirst for travel.

Not too long after that, my father bought a 25' Superior motor home so we could see North America. And see it we did! I am proud and thrilled to say I have been to all 50 states (I know what you're thinking - I FLEW to hawaii!) and every province in Canada. We spent many weeks each summer taking the road less traveled, because my father knew that to experience America, you had to get off the highway. I remember stopping for a night in a meadow and waking in the morning to a cow licking the window screen where my sister lay sleeping! National Parks were always on our itinerary, and some of my most vivid memories are from the parks. They are truely our national treasure.

While in college, I couldn't reconcile the fact that I was taking out loans that I had to pay back, when I had no idea what it was I really wanted to do! I knew that the only way I was going to be happy was by seeing more of the world (I'm always happiest when I'm planning my next trip!) So, I became a travel agent, and spent the next 20 years of my life traveling (and working!)

I was lucky to fall in love with man who is almost as passionate about travel as I am. I think he only went out with me because he knew I had some free tickets to be used to anywhere in the US!

Another Continent, Another Apartment

In 2002 my dream of living abroad came true! My husband was offered an overseas assignment with his job! We moved to Paris and spent two wonderful years there with Europe at our doorstep. What a fabulous experience for us and especially our daughter, who was 6 when we moved. We met many interesting people and traveled as often as we could.

Just as we were getting really comfortable in Paris, the company decided to send us further a field! In November 2004 we packed up our household once again and headed to Singapore. We settled in quickly there, surprisingly finding life a little easier than in Paris (though not as interesting!) We were excited about exploring Asia and compiled a long list of places we wanted to visit in the three years we were supposed to be there. But what happened??? After 10 months we were heading back to the United States for yet another job assignment.

Can't keep us down on the farm!

If you've visited my home page in the last year you will know that my husband was working in Saudi Arabia while our daughter and I stayed behind in the States. Well, I'm happy to report that we're all together again, living happily in Canberra Australia. We are halfway through a three year assignment and have been exploring Australia and other countries in the area.

We are so blessed and never take for granted the opportunities that have come our way, and we're not forgetting to make the most of them!

Don't Cry Blue by Jonathan Edwards

I love this song...it's a travel song about going home again and to me home isn't a place, it's anywhere you are with the ones you love.

Well I heard them engines running on the road away from home
A sound like thunder calling out my name.
Well I listened hard the first time that I heard them roll along,
Listened and I've never been the same.

Don't cry blue.

Highways just a two lane road connecting either way
Oh I've seen enough of this end for a while.
And I've got to go the distance 'til I know I've seen a change.
Got to know the feel of every mile.

Don't cry blue.

When my head is aching full of everywhere I've been
Well I'll turn my face around the other way.
I'll meet you at the mailbox,
Read you all my cards,
Tell you what I really meant to say

Don't cry blue.
Don't cry cry blue, don't cry.

• Intro Updated Jun 7, 2010

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
fossettes's Profile Photo

fossettes

“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...”

Real Name