"Changchun, capital of Manchuria during the 2nd WW" Top 5 Page for this destination Changchun by RoseAmano
Changchun Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 125 photos
I heard my father was born in Changchun. He said the city was very beautiful. The streets ware lined with neat rows of stores and houses. So I was always thinking that someday I will come here with my father. And I would like to know what happened and how this city's history was. That's the best way to know is to go with him and hear from him about the history of this city. Because my father was born and lived in this city physically.
And then we finally arrived here since WW2 has finished about 60 years ago.
When we arrived changchun in the late night from Dalian 12th in August. It was heavy rain. rare weather. The annual precipitation in this area amounts to less about 700 millimeters. Here is continental weather .The average max temperature in August is over 30C, minimum temperature is under -30C, in January ,very cold. He said he often enjoyed skating in winter here. Anyway, we arrived Changchun. What was the Manchuria? and How the Changchun is here?
Changchun has begun the city’s history since "Shin" the name of China,
set the administrative machinery in 1800.
Japan and China did the war in 1894. As result Japan get the some area of China. The period is just imperialism period. But Russia, Germany and French pressed to get back the right of one peninsula. And Japan abandoned the right. Japan was not strong yet. Japan began to prepare for next war with Russia. The period is just imperialism,
And then, A war happened in 1904 between Japan and Russia. Russia wanted to get this area and Japan was as same. Each other country want to keep their right of country. Japan managed to win the war but the losses due to war was huge.
After this war, Japan, the figure gradually changed into the darkness militarism and isolated.
In 1931 one incident has happened. Japanese military blew up a train.
And then Japanese army have started to do war with China. Changchun was the capital city of Manchuria country which Japanese military "Kanto-army” made as a puppet country in 1932.
As you know the movie "Last Emperor ", AISIN-GIORO PU YI acceded to the Imperial throne in same year.
The name of the capital city was changed to "Shinkyo" in Japanese, and "Hsinching" in Chinese. It meant new metropolitan.
The city was planed as European and Japanese mixed style. Almost based in Dalian city as Russian style.
The Japanese army “Kanto-gun” made a palace of Manchuria. The emperor lived with his wife and his concubines. The palace was small so the army made new palace for emperor. This picture is the palace. But he did not live here so that he worry about tapping telephone.
The country has broken as same time as WW2 finished.
As for historical tourism sites today, other than Puppet Manchurian Palace Museum, there is a wealth of architecture built under Japanese control during the era of the State of Manchuria from 1932-1945. Many of these buildings, formerly governmental ministry buildings, are still being used today as the same, or else as laboratory, office, schools and universities, hospitals, and even a restaurant.
Now the population of the Changchun is over 7 million. Big city!
And known as the Chinese main morter-town. Chinese biggest vehicle company is located here. And you know the famaous company "Volkswagen" "Audi" "Mazda" has merger factory with chinese government in this city. This city is famous for chinese movie, too.
Now, the businesses are prospering here...
- Pros:The nostalgic mood remained and new energy feeling.
- Cons:Many people, Disorder, Bad traffic manner
You may find shops for international top brands (same prices as international standard), a Wanda Shopping Mall and a... more travel advice
He is my father. In 1935 he was born in here. He lived here for over 10 years until that WW2 has finished. His family... more travel advice
RoseAmano's Related Pages
Changchun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital of Manchuria"
- "The City of the Unloved"
- "Changchun, capital of Manchuria during the 2nd WW"
- "working in changchun"
- "Changchun - City of Eternal Spring"
- "The Icy Chinese Northeast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Changchun
- Hotels in Changchun
- Transportation in Changchun
- Nightlife in Changchun
- Restaurants in Changchun
- Shopping in Changchun
- Warnings and Dangers in Changchun
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Changchun
- 10 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Changchun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Changchun
- Posted in Travel Hokkaido Forum "Re: Help! We need accomodations..."
- updated a Changchun Travel Page "Changchun, capital of Manchuria during the 2nd WW"
- Wrote a Review Shopping locations just outside Shangri-La Hotel in Changchun Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "60 years passed... he came here again"
- Commented on one of ahoerner's Changchun travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Kawasaki Intro, 51 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shiraz Intro, 32 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Esfahan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hakodate Intro, 17 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Iran Intro, 27 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Choshi Intro, 17 reviews, 39 photos
- Harbin Intro, 10 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Changchun Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos