"Atami, the Old fashioned hot spa resort in Japan" Top 5 Page for this destination Atami by RoseAmano
Atami Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 106 photos
You may find an old fashioned japanese spa resort where is located only about one and half hour from Tokyo.
I think this area is known as typcal showa resort, so well-known by senior people.
Atami's geographical features are a beach cove sharply rising toward mountains, hence most of the streets of Atami have steep hilly roads. The JR train station is located toward the mid- to upper section of the hill.
It's about 1.5 hours train ride on the regular Tokaido Line from Tokyo, but only about 1/2 that time on the local Tokaido Shinkansen Bullet Train three/four stops away from Shinagawa/Tokyo. On this map, look for the two wine-coloured triangles - the northern one is Tokyo.
- Pros:Charming retro resort town just one train ride out of Tokyo!
- Cons:Some will think of this area a little outdated, like Japan's version of Acapulco
- In a nutshell:I could imagine living here when I become a pensioner.
This is located outside JR Station and use is free, and I also noticed some hotel/restaurants who offer the same for... more travel advice
Opened since 1886, many of the plum trees are about this old. From December-January (depending on weather sometimes in... more travel advice
RoseAmano's Related Pages
Atami Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Atami 2013"
- "Atami, the Old fashioned hot spa resort in Japan"
- "Living off past glory"
- "Small City by the Ocean"
- "The Onsen city on the Beach"
- "A relaxing seaside resort town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Atami
- Hotels in Atami
- Transportation in Atami
- Restaurants in Atami
- Shopping in Atami
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Atami
- 11 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Atami?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Atami
- Uploaded a Photo to "Early 20th century luxury lodge architecture"
- Posted in Travel Hokkaido Forum "Re: Help! We need accomodations..."
- updated a Atami Travel Page "Atami, the Old fashioned hot spa resort in Japan"
- Wrote a Review Foot bath for your tired feet in Atami Local Customs
- Commented on one of salisbury3933's Atami travel pages
Photos in AtamiSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Kawasaki Intro, 51 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shiraz Intro, 32 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Esfahan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hakodate Intro, 17 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Iran Intro, 27 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Choshi Intro, 17 reviews, 39 photos
- Harbin Intro, 10 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Changchun Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos