"Really Off the Beaten Path near Mt. Fuji Area" Fujinomiya by RoseAmano
Fujinomiya Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 108 photos
From Tomei Highway, get off at Fuji IC, go up Rt. 139 (Fuji Toll Highway) for about 10 km and you'll see and exit for "Fuji 5 gome" which means the 5th Station of Mt. Fuji - the launch point for climbing.
This photo was taken in the 1st week of May, and there are wild cherry blossoms in bloom in this highland area. Further up Rt. 139 is "Asakiri Kogen" the Asakiri Highlands where there is a dairy farm. Try a fresh glass of milk or ice cream there!
Unfortunately, there is no nearby train station hence "off the beaten track", but from Shinkansen Station "Shin Fuji" or other local train linking from here, there are a number of buses. As this is a rural area with fewer buses/trains running per hour, you should carefully check the return timetables of any undertaking by these public transports.
- Pros:Spectacular view at the foot of Mt. Fuji
- Cons:Inconvenient public transport (but great if you have a car or motorbike)
- In a nutshell:Really off the beaten track and spectacular scenes
RoseAmano's Related Pages
Fujinomiya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Best View of Mt fuji"
- "Touring Fujinomiya"
- "Really Off the Beaten Path near Mt. Fuji Area"
- "Taseki-Ji near Fujinamia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fujinomiya
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Fujinomiya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fujinomiya
Top 10 Pages
- Kawasaki Intro, 51 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shiraz Intro, 32 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Esfahan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hakodate Intro, 17 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Iran Intro, 27 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Choshi Intro, 17 reviews, 39 photos
- Harbin Intro, 10 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Changchun Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos