"Far away, but still a part of Tokyo Metropolis" Okutama-ko by RoseAmano
Okutama-ko Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 152 photos
In the illustration, look for "Ome" on the left side and follow the river leftward until you see the lake symbol. This is Okutama Lake.
Actually, there is a minor mistake in the VT auto geographical classification database as it ought to read "Okutama-machi" indicating the local town jurisdiction, rather than the name of the lake as indicated here by "Okutama-ko" which is just the name of the lake rather than any administrative jurisidiction.
Anyway, even though Okutama Town is just barely a part of the Tokyo-to metropolis administration, it doesn't seem so as it's so rural, and rather a distance away from central Tokyo. It's very convenient that there are direct train runs, and makes a nice under-rated place for a day trip.
From Tokyo station to Okutama , use JR. Chuo line, about two hours journey time. 1,210YEN.
- Pros:Train runs from central Tokyo, and still rural despite this
- Cons:Some ill-placed (and now very old but still operating) industrial factories which ruin the spectacular scenery
- In a nutshell:Nice under-rated place for a day trip from Tokyo
It's a 10-min. walk from Okutama Station, and a nice way to refresh in late afternoon after a long day. more travel advice
The usual summer mountain activities such as hiking, camping, fishing, rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, river swimming... more travel advice
RoseAmano's Related Pages
Okutama-ko Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Okutama, Ome & Mount Mitake"
- "Far away, but still a part of Tokyo Metropolis"
- "A good place for hiking"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Okutama-ko
- Transportation in Okutama-ko
- Restaurants in Okutama-ko
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Okutama-ko
- 7 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Okutama-ko?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Okutama-ko
Photos in Okutama-koSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Kawasaki Intro, 51 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shiraz Intro, 32 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Esfahan Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hakodate Intro, 17 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Iran Intro, 27 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Choshi Intro, 17 reviews, 39 photos
- Harbin Intro, 10 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Changchun Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos