"Peru Land of history" christian99's Profile

Lonelyplanet regardsPeruasthe 3rd best destination

ABOVE ALL, ALLOW ME TO EXTEND MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO ALL THOSE WHO HAD TO DEAL WITH THE GRIEF AT THE LOSS OF THEIR LOVED ONES, AND THOSE WHO SURVIVED, BUT WENT THROUGH A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE IN PISCO, ICA AND PARACAS, PLACES I HAVE MYSELF BEEN TO AND HAVE COME TO LOVE DUE TO THE WARM AND FRIENDLY WELCOME I RECEIVED FROM THE LOCALS. THESE LOCALS WHO ON AUGUST 15TH WERE STRUCK BY A QUAKE OF 7.5 ON RICHTER SCALE, PERUVIANS OVERCOME CATASTROPHE QUITE WELL, DO NOT LET THAT UNDERMINE OUR SOULS, BUT MAY THIS LINGER IN OUR MINDS AS A VIVID REMINDER THAT NATURE CANNOT BE TAIMED WHATSOEVER, HENCE MEN SHOULD NOT UNDERESTIMATE ITS POWER...
My name is Christian I just wanted to give a personal insight into peruvian culture, I've done some travelling across my country and some others in South America.
Peru, which is also well-known for having Machupicchu, has indeed much more than that attraction, sights, landmarks, colonial buildings, Inca cities and ruins.
Long before the arrival of the Spaniards, huge Impires developed in this area, the Chavin, The Nazcas, The Mochicas,The Chimus, the Tiahuanacos and the Incas, the latter (the largest in South America) , they worked, lived and ruled the anciant Peru based on the rational and harmonic utilisation of natural resources. the Incas worshipped Gods directly related to their lives: the Sun, which sustained life; and the moon, which revealed when the season was right for sowing. One of my trips took place in Cuzco the Capital of Anciant Peru, and I can assure you never had I seen such an incredible place. It's a 4050-meter-high city, do not speed up the pace, or you'll have altitud sickness, the place is full of people from different countries, who seem blown away by its charm , I had a great time hanging around Cuzco, and getting to know its culture.......Check it out!

• Intro Updated Dec 18, 2009

Personal Pages (1)

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Hope you have a great birthday, Christian!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2012 at 1:57 AM

NIce to meet you in today's birthday list. A warm happy birthday greeting to you from Malaysia. Wish you all the best to keep travelling interest. Cheers.

• asiantraveler's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2012 at 8:09 AM

wow!

• Lady7's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Sorry I'm late but Happy Birthday, wished with all the good luck & happiness you can handle! We're flooding here now & I'm hoping the house doesn't leak! Row, row, row my boat!

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2009 at 7:37 AM

Happy birthday Christian and many happy returns of the day. Still willing to visit Peru. Greetings from Lisbon

• sotschi's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Feliz cumpleanos!

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2008 at 2:30 AM

Happy Birthday Christian. Have a great day.

• mikegr's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2008 at 12:58 AM

Hi Christian, it's been ages since I used VT - figured I'd say hi while I was here. How is your school going? Hope you are well. Take it easy - Mike

• Dec 17, 2007 at 7:19 PM

Hi Christian, my name Manuel Cipriano. Do you remember me?? You are my teacher in Euroidiomas Mi msn is: manuelcp2005@hotmail.com regards

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
christian99's Profile Photo

christian99

“PISCO IS 100% PERUVIAN!”

Real Name