"Peru Land of history" christian99's Profile
ABOVE ALL, ALLOW ME TO EXTEND MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO ALL THOSE WHO HAD TO DEAL WITH THE GRIEF AT THE LOSS OF THEIR LOVED ONES, AND THOSE WHO SURVIVED, BUT WENT THROUGH A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE IN PISCO, ICA AND PARACAS, PLACES I HAVE MYSELF BEEN TO AND HAVE COME TO LOVE DUE TO THE WARM AND FRIENDLY WELCOME I RECEIVED FROM THE LOCALS. THESE LOCALS WHO ON AUGUST 15TH WERE STRUCK BY A QUAKE OF 7.5 ON RICHTER SCALE, PERUVIANS OVERCOME CATASTROPHE QUITE WELL, DO NOT LET THAT UNDERMINE OUR SOULS, BUT MAY THIS LINGER IN OUR MINDS AS A VIVID REMINDER THAT NATURE CANNOT BE TAIMED WHATSOEVER, HENCE MEN SHOULD NOT UNDERESTIMATE ITS POWER...
My name is Christian I just wanted to give a personal insight into peruvian culture, I've done some travelling across my country and some others in South America.
Peru, which is also well-known for having Machupicchu, has indeed much more than that attraction, sights, landmarks, colonial buildings, Inca cities and ruins.
Long before the arrival of the Spaniards, huge Impires developed in this area, the Chavin, The Nazcas, The Mochicas,The Chimus, the Tiahuanacos and the Incas, the latter (the largest in South America) , they worked, lived and ruled the anciant Peru based on the rational and harmonic utilisation of natural resources. the Incas worshipped Gods directly related to their lives: the Sun, which sustained life; and the moon, which revealed when the season was right for sowing. One of my trips took place in Cuzco the Capital of Anciant Peru, and I can assure you never had I seen such an incredible place. It's a 4050-meter-high city, do not speed up the pace, or you'll have altitud sickness, the place is full of people from different countries, who seem blown away by its charm , I had a great time hanging around Cuzco, and getting to know its culture.......Check it out!
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 81 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- christian99 and Lady7 are now friends.
- Commented on Lady7's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Peru Land of history"
- Wrote a Review where not to go in Lima Tourist Traps
- updated a Lima Travel Page "LIMA... HELL OF THE GODS!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Proud to be peruvian!"
- Posted in Travel Miami Forum "RE: RE: Marco Island"
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peru Intro, 37 reviews, 14 photos
- Lima Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arequipa Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuzco Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 1 photo