"Stockport - a cool place to live" Top 5 Page for this destination Stockport by prisoner
Stockport Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 390 photos
Stockport is quite old, the market place dates from 1260 I think. Over the past 800 years the place has really grown. There is a great music vibe here and it's biker friendly. For those looking for tranquility, there's Lyme Park and miles and miles of cannal paths to walk along
- Pros:good shops - good pubs - good people
- Cons:don't go near GRAND CENTRAL at night
- In a nutshell:A place with a long history, and a long future too
The shopping center is right over the river Mersey. I've got some pictures looking through the long tunnel, but they're... more travel advice
The Goyt joins the Tame to form the Mersey here, and then goes all the way to Liverpool more travel advice
Stockport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stockport... the Strong Silent Type"
- "A week-end in Stockport"
- "A Tudor Gem"
- "Stockport - a cool place to live"
- "I love Stockport!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stockport
- Hotels in Stockport
- Transportation in Stockport
- Nightlife in Stockport
- Restaurants in Stockport
- Shopping in Stockport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stockport
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Stockport?Share Your Travels