"Gouda: a town full of suprises" Gouda by TheDunno
Gouda Travel Guide: 177 reviews and 437 photos
I live 5 kms from this nice town. I was suprised to see how little about Gouda was posted on VT. Apparently it's on very few peoples itenary. Such a shame.
Most people will associate the name Gouda with cheese. Strangely enough Gouda cheese doesn't really exist since Gouda doesn't have a cheese factory.
The cheese got its name from the cheese market that has been going on in the city for centuries.
Cheese or not, Gouda has a lot more to offer!
Although the old city centre isn't big, It's really one of the most beautifull towncentres in the Netherlands.
Gouda is a typical old Dutch city, full with narrow streets, "grachten" and nice buildings. Certainly worth a stop on anyone's visit to the Netherlands.
The centre of the town is the town hall, in the middle of a large square.
The tourist information is right on this square too, so its a good place to start your discovery of Gouda.
the webpage of the tourist information Gouda is:
- Pros:One of the most beautifull city centres in the Netherlands
- Cons:The old city centre is not that big.
- In a nutshell:certainly worth a days visit!
Over 60 of giant stained glass windows are in the St Jan Church, dating from the middle to late 16th century. The... more travel advice
Wanna try some real Dutch pancakes? probably the best place is the Pannekoekenhuis. It can be found right behind the St... more travel advice
TheDunno's Related Pages
Gouda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gouda - Lovely Dutch city!"
- "A trip to Gouda"
- "Say Cheeeeese"
- "close by for a day out"
- "Gouda: a town full of suprises"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gouda
- Hotels in Gouda
- Transportation in Gouda
- Restaurants in Gouda
- Shopping in Gouda
- Warnings and Dangers in Gouda
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gouda
- 6 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Gouda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gouda
- Posted in Travel Shanghai Forum "RE: China Trip"
- updated a Gouda Travelogue "The stained glass of the St Jan Church part 2"
- Commented on one of manuelEB's Gouda travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "The stained glass of the St Jan Church part 2"
- Wrote a Review The stained glass of the St Jan Church in Gouda Things to Do
Top 5 Pages
- Gouda Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kinderdijk Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moordrecht Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oudewater Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Leiden Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Gouda hotel reviews
- Hotel De Keizerskroon
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013