"Ohhh what a sweet town!!!" Busto Arsizio by carolinaEspada

Busto Arsizio Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 6 photos

There are pastries shops all over!!!

I'm afraid to say that Busto Arsizio is not an extremely beautiful city. I looks like any other factory-town in northen Italy. But I have family living there and, over the years, I've discovered many wonderfull things about living or staying in Busto.

You are very close to Milan (where you have The Scala, the Cathedral, Museums, History, Art, italian Fashion and a huge marvelous "etcs" typicals of a very important european big city.

In Busto, you are also very close of the lake: Laco Maggiore, which beauuuuuuutiful and is surrounded by tiny adorable towns.

And, in Busto, you are very close to Switzerland, you can go visit for one day, eat an icecream (or not) and come back.

In Busto Arsizio there are delicious pastry stores, and people there have another "tempo". Another "timing"... It looks like there was no rush, like there was lots of time for everything. Soooo, you go pastry hunting. Chocolate and marron glacées safari. Candy expedition.

At Busto they also have excelent boutiques and shoe stores... Ah! Italian shoes!... So elegant, so confortable, so long lasting!

And Busto Arsizio has this rare characteristic: the years pass and everything remains pretty much the same.

The same dear cousins, the same trips with my mom, the same Pasticceria Boccardi and Pasticceria Campi, the same shoe store where I got to choose my first pair of italian shoes when I was 3 years old...

I come from a country (Venezuela) in which everything changes constantly. Big changes, one after the other. Hard to reconize the city... You keep missing things... Sometimes you have got an "orphan" feeling... That happens to me in Caracas.

Is... peacefull... to go to Busto Arsizio. Is... secure... Is always there... Is an strange, but sweet feeling.

• Pros:Delicious pastry shops, few but very elegant boutiques, wonderfull fur and shoe stores.
  • Cons:It is certanly NOT the prettiest town in northen Italy.
  • In a nutshell:Great place for shopping and eating sweet delights with out the rush and stress of the big city of Milan near by.
  • Last visit to Busto Arsizio: Nov 1998
  • Intro Updated Feb 25, 2003

• Gianfalco's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 2:31 AM

A very funnt page, I think that what you write a alchiquinger is Alchechengi (Physalis alkekengi); common Name: Chinese Lantern.

• babar_1's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2004 at 7:26 PM

NIce little page. yummmm I like sweets :o)

• vysnaite's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2004 at 4:49 AM

Cute little page! I was in Busto A. a few days ago and found it small, calm and lovely, plus, as you say, close to milano, Swiz. and lakes :)

• evona's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2004 at 5:30 AM

Tasty page!!! Greetings from Poland :)

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2004 at 5:02 AM

The chocolate sounds fine to me ! I would like to visit just to try some

• mauro_pd's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2003 at 12:25 PM

... and not only besozzo, you also have a page about busto arsizio !!! ... oh goooood :-) - funny rest tips

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2003 at 5:43 AM

Very enjoyable restaurant tips!!! ;-))

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2003 at 6:44 AM

Oooo, nice food tips! I would never know about the plastic gloves... how funny!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2003 at 6:02 AM

A very interesting page with great tips! I liked your time-comparison photos too!

• piccolina's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2003 at 5:51 AM

I like your pic!...this page is nice..:-))

carolinaEspada

“Sooner or later I will be back to VT. First I have to upgrade my computer. I cant read your emails, nor "forum"...”

Badges & Stats in Busto Arsizio

Have you been to Busto Arsizio?