"Ohhh what a sweet town!!!" Busto Arsizio by carolinaEspada
Busto Arsizio Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 6 photos
I'm afraid to say that Busto Arsizio is not an extremely beautiful city. I looks like any other factory-town in northen Italy. But I have family living there and, over the years, I've discovered many wonderfull things about living or staying in Busto.
You are very close to Milan (where you have The Scala, the Cathedral, Museums, History, Art, italian Fashion and a huge marvelous "etcs" typicals of a very important european big city.
In Busto, you are also very close of the lake: Laco Maggiore, which beauuuuuuutiful and is surrounded by tiny adorable towns.
And, in Busto, you are very close to Switzerland, you can go visit for one day, eat an icecream (or not) and come back.
In Busto Arsizio there are delicious pastry stores, and people there have another "tempo". Another "timing"... It looks like there was no rush, like there was lots of time for everything. Soooo, you go pastry hunting. Chocolate and marron glacées safari. Candy expedition.
At Busto they also have excelent boutiques and shoe stores... Ah! Italian shoes!... So elegant, so confortable, so long lasting!
And Busto Arsizio has this rare characteristic: the years pass and everything remains pretty much the same.
The same dear cousins, the same trips with my mom, the same Pasticceria Boccardi and Pasticceria Campi, the same shoe store where I got to choose my first pair of italian shoes when I was 3 years old...
I come from a country (Venezuela) in which everything changes constantly. Big changes, one after the other. Hard to reconize the city... You keep missing things... Sometimes you have got an "orphan" feeling... That happens to me in Caracas.
Is... peacefull... to go to Busto Arsizio. Is... secure... Is always there... Is an strange, but sweet feeling.
- Pros:Delicious pastry shops, few but very elegant boutiques, wonderfull fur and shoe stores.
- Cons:It is certanly NOT the prettiest town in northen Italy.
- In a nutshell:Great place for shopping and eating sweet delights with out the rush and stress of the big city of Milan near by.
Imagine travelling from Caracas, Venezuela, South America to Busto Arsizio. You take a flight to Rome, change planes, go... more travel advice
carolinaEspada's Related Pages
Busto Arsizio Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Busto Arsizio
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Busto Arsizio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Busto Arsizio
Photos in Busto ArsizioSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caracas Intro, 138 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla El Gran Roque Intro, 53 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Canaima Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- San José de Galipán Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Busto Arsizio Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Besozzo Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Nice Intro, 3 photos
- Varese Intro, 3 photos
- Dos Bocas Intro, 3 photos