"My dad´s farm" Dos Bocas by carolinaEspada
Dos Bocas Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 4 photos
Since... ever... Dos Bocas Lake & dam was our vacation spot.
It is located on a mini mountain range half way in between the towns of Arecibo (on the northen west coast) and Utuado (straight down south in the middle-west of the island).
Dos Bocas, even though is much closer to Utuado, belongs to the Arecibo county.
At night, all year long, it gets chilly. And during November until February it gets really cold: 16° C, which is very cold for a tropical island with no heating.
I was once told that the God of good things of the taíno indians was called Yukiyú and lived in these mountains. Many locals say that right there, in a natural rock formation, is his face. Just by being there, under his powerful sight, you count with his blessing and protection.
Can you see Yukiyú in the picture?
He can see you...
You cant have EVERYTHING in life, so you must be gratefull for what you have or for what you once had. I had the best childhood a kid can have. The best parents of them all. And a dog, which everybody called Tosca (like the opera) but I, who knows why, called Kaki (and she liked it).
- Pros:Perfect place for reading, writing, fishing, spleeping, getting away from it all. Free boat rides up and down the river. Typical restaurants next to the lake.
- Cons:Besides the pro's, there is nothing else to do.
- In a nutshell:It is called "the Switzerland of Puerto Rico".
carolinaEspada's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Dos Bocas
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Dos Bocas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dos Bocas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caracas Intro, 138 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla El Gran Roque Intro, 53 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Canaima Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- San José de Galipán Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Busto Arsizio Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Besozzo Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Nice Intro, 3 photos
- Varese Intro, 3 photos
- Dos Bocas Intro, 3 photos