"My dad´s farm" Dos Bocas by carolinaEspada

Dos Bocas Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 4 photos

What a wonderfull place...

Since... ever... Dos Bocas Lake & dam was our vacation spot.

It is located on a mini mountain range half way in between the towns of Arecibo (on the northen west coast) and Utuado (straight down south in the middle-west of the island).

Dos Bocas, even though is much closer to Utuado, belongs to the Arecibo county.

At night, all year long, it gets chilly. And during November until February it gets really cold: 16° C, which is very cold for a tropical island with no heating.

Yukiyú

I was once told that the God of good things of the taíno indians was called Yukiyú and lived in these mountains. Many locals say that right there, in a natural rock formation, is his face. Just by being there, under his powerful sight, you count with his blessing and protection.

Can you see Yukiyú in the picture?

He can see you...

Happy childhood

You cant have EVERYTHING in life, so you must be gratefull for what you have or for what you once had. I had the best childhood a kid can have. The best parents of them all. And a dog, which everybody called Tosca (like the opera) but I, who knows why, called Kaki (and she liked it).

• Pros:Perfect place for reading, writing, fishing, spleeping, getting away from it all. Free boat rides up and down the river. Typical restaurants next to the lake.
  • Cons:Besides the pro's, there is nothing else to do.
  • In a nutshell:It is called "the Switzerland of Puerto Rico".
  • Last visit to Dos Bocas: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Mar 5, 2003

• Oct 10, 2003 at 2:24 PM

Happy childhood ..I understand that. I wish this apply to your present too.

• Umfufu's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2003 at 10:38 AM

Lovely homepage, i have a neckless of that God...and i could see it...could you?

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2003 at 6:48 AM

What a beautiful place to grow up. Kaki (does that mean what I think it means?) looks more like a loveable bear than a dog. Thank you for sharing!

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2003 at 12:27 AM

1)My dear friend Giacomo would also prefered the name Kaki for that dog... 2)The name of the place is *too hot* for such a cold spot.

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2003 at 10:27 AM

Looks like a great place to live in !
    Nice start !

carolinaEspada

“Sooner or later I will be back to VT. First I have to upgrade my computer. I cant read your emails, nor "forum"...”

Badges & Stats in Dos Bocas

Have you been to Dos Bocas?

Latest Activity in Dos Bocas