"YOU MUST NOT FEAR!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Canaima by carolinaEspada
Parque Nacional Canaima Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 246 photos
Yes... I know I've written a lot of warnings and dangers here... but, believe me, Canaima is a marvelous, magic, amazing, extremely beautifull, breathtaking place to go. And is completely safe if you stick to the rules.
What rules? Those of the camp or hotel you are staying at. They have profesional guides that will tell you things like: you must not swim here, do not go out of your room on the middle of the night, do not kill that cute spider because is absolutely harmless, feel free to eat this fruit called "guanabana" (yes, it looks awfull, but it tastes delicious), etc.
Allthough, to go the jungle you have to be in good shape. Not extremely good shape, but good shape. This has nothing to do with age, but with health and physical conditions. If you are used to walking, moving, swiming, biking, etc. you are in perfect shape for Canaima.
I'm not a brave-outdoor-adventure-seeker kind of person. And I've been to Canaima and had loved it. This is a MUST if you come to Venezuela.
This region is one of the oldest places in earth (since the begining of times) according to geologists and other cientists. This area was one of the first ones to pop out of the waters.
(The begining of the movie ARACNOFOBIA was filmed right here).
When you are in Canaima, relaxing on the lilac sand of the lagoon, you have this feeling that a gentle dinosauour is going to show up in a matter of seconds and take a bite of your "guanabana".
But, believe me, being there is one million times better. Come.
- Pros:Is an amazing, breathtaking, unvelievable, magic place on earth that you must see once in your life.
- Cons:No con's if you stick to the rules...
- In a nutshell:Is a MUST place to go in the whole wide world
In the jungle there are plenty of animals that, believe it or not, could make great and loving friends and pets (even... more travel advice
Picture by venezuelan and world known fashion photographer Fran Beaufrand. more travel advice
carolinaEspada's Related Pages
Parque Nacional Canaima Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "YOU MUST NOT FEAR!!!"
- "...the lost world..."
- "Angel Falls"
- "Flying towards Canaima"
- "Canaima and Angel Falls"
- "Angel Falls - Canaima Park - Venezuela"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional Canaima
- Hotels in Parque Nacional Canaima
- Transportation in Parque Nacional Canaima
- Nightlife in Parque Nacional Canaima
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional Canaima
- Warnings and Dangers in Parque Nacional Canaima
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional Canaima
- 18 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Parque Nacional Canaima?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional Canaima
Photos in Parque Nacional CanaimaSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caracas Intro, 138 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla El Gran Roque Intro, 53 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Canaima Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- San José de Galipán Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Busto Arsizio Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Besozzo Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Nice Intro, 3 photos
- Varese Intro, 3 photos
- Dos Bocas Intro, 3 photos