"THIS IS MY HOMETOWN" Top 5 Page for this destination Caracas by carolinaEspada
Caracas Travel Guide: 529 reviews and 936 photos
Caracas is an amazing place. Try to imagine a huge city with very tall buildings, highways, cultural centers, shopping malls, restaurants from all over the world, millions of cars and buses, a subway, cinemas, theaters, cybercafés, etc, etc, etc in a valley, at the bottom of a HUGE mountain ("El Avila") which is our pride and joy.
Angélica Gorodischer, a famous argentinian writer, who has travelled all over the world, was shocked at her first visit to Caracas: "I didnt know it was going to be so green!" Yes, indeed, Caracas, "The City of the Eternal Spring", is green all year long: we have the mountain range, parks, trees and plants in every balcony. And we have plenty of balconies!
This crazy and dear city has no urbanistic planification. It looks like it was built following the drawing of a 5 years old kid: "Here is the SUN, and down here is my HOUSE, and next to my house there is an SKYSCRAPER, and next to it is the GUAIRE river whick is stinky, and here is a BRIDGE, next to a CHURCH, next to a SYNAGOGUE, next to a MOSKE, and this is a THEATRE, and this is the BULDING where my mom works, and this is my SCHOOL and this is ME and my DOG".
"We" (yes "We Keemo-Sabee"...) are world known for our beauty...
I dont know how many Miss Universes, Miss Worlds and Miss Whatevers we have won over the years. A lot, let me tell you... A whole lot!
The truth is that we are not prettier than anybody else, but we care extremely for the way we look. We take showers once or twice a day. We love soaps and creams and perfumes and make up. Of course, some use more make up than others, but we all like to look well and smell beautifuly.
And men are the same!
This is my mom: 100% "caraqueña" and extremely proud to be born in Caracas. Today she is an 81 years old beutifull lady . But the best thing about her is her strengh, will power and always positive thinking.
Right now we are going through awfull times in Venezuela (terrible economic and politcal situation) and every day she says to me: "This shall pass... this will pass".
She is my courage!
- Pros:Awesome mountain, huge city, perfect temperature: 70s-80s
- Cons:very, dirty... fiilthy... dangerous as any other big city in the world...
- In a nutshell:The City of the Eternal Spring... All year long!!!
Your attention please... (and if you dont know math, take a BIG breath): Since January 1rst, 2008, we are moving... more travel advice
New VTfriend, Alan (ATUFFT) reminded me to do a tip on venezuelan leather shoes. He is absolutely right. Our leather... more travel advice
- See All PINK FLAMINGOS
- See All TAXI UPDATE 2006 !!!!!!!!!!!!
- See All Nonono, you DO NOT want to rent a car in...
- See All The perfect hide away!!!
carolinaEspada's Related Pages
Caracas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THIS IS MY HOMETOWN"
- "Stopover in Caracas"
- "WELCOME TO CARACAS!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caracas
- Hotels in Caracas
- Transportation in Caracas
- Nightlife in Caracas
- Restaurants in Caracas
- Shopping in Caracas
- Warnings and Dangers in Caracas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caracas
- 138 Reviews
- 183 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 92 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Caracas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caracas
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "How is pronounced the polish last..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Is not CARACAS HILTON anymore, is HOTEL ALBA"
- Wrote a Review NEW CURRENCY IN 2008!!! in Caracas Local Customs
- updated a Caracas Travel Page "THIS IS MY HOMETOWN"
- Commented on one of carolinaEspada's Caracas travel pages
Photos in CaracasSee All Photos (183)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caracas Intro, 138 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla El Gran Roque Intro, 53 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Canaima Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- San José de Galipán Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Busto Arsizio Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Besozzo Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Nice Intro, 3 photos
- Varese Intro, 3 photos
- Dos Bocas Intro, 3 photos