"THIS IS MY HOMETOWN" Top 5 Page for this destination Caracas by carolinaEspada

Caracas Travel Guide: 530 reviews and 941 photos

I wouldnt live anywhere else...

Caracas is an amazing place. Try to imagine a huge city with very tall buildings, highways, cultural centers, shopping malls, restaurants from all over the world, millions of cars and buses, a subway, cinemas, theaters, cybercafés, etc, etc, etc in a valley, at the bottom of a HUGE mountain ("El Avila") which is our pride and joy.

Angélica Gorodischer, a famous argentinian writer, who has travelled all over the world, was shocked at her first visit to Caracas: "I didnt know it was going to be so green!" Yes, indeed, Caracas, "The City of the Eternal Spring", is green all year long: we have the mountain range, parks, trees and plants in every balcony. And we have plenty of balconies!

This crazy and dear city has no urbanistic planification. It looks like it was built following the drawing of a 5 years old kid: "Here is the SUN, and down here is my HOUSE, and next to my house there is an SKYSCRAPER, and next to it is the GUAIRE river whick is stinky, and here is a BRIDGE, next to a CHURCH, next to a SYNAGOGUE, next to a MOSKE, and this is a THEATRE, and this is the BULDING where my mom works, and this is my SCHOOL and this is ME and my DOG".

Venezuelan Women

"We" (yes "We Keemo-Sabee"...) are world known for our beauty...

(Hahahahahaha!!!)

I dont know how many Miss Universes, Miss Worlds and Miss Whatevers we have won over the years. A lot, let me tell you... A whole lot!

The truth is that we are not prettier than anybody else, but we care extremely for the way we look. We take showers once or twice a day. We love soaps and creams and perfumes and make up. Of course, some use more make up than others, but we all like to look well and smell beautifuly.

And men are the same!
(Thank God...)

Olga Cecilia Cabruja de Espada

This is my mom: 100% "caraqueña" and extremely proud to be born in Caracas. Today she is an 81 years old beutifull lady . But the best thing about her is her strengh, will power and always positive thinking.

Right now we are going through awfull times in Venezuela (terrible economic and politcal situation) and every day she says to me: "This shall pass... this will pass".

She is my courage!

• Pros:Awesome mountain, huge city, perfect temperature: 70s-80s
  • Cons:very, dirty... fiilthy... dangerous as any other big city in the world...
  • In a nutshell:The City of the Eternal Spring... All year long!!!
  • Last visit to Caracas: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 12, 2004

• Sep 19, 2009 at 6:37 AM

thanks yuo made me wiser about alot more

• Jan 25, 2009 at 6:49 AM

oh i think i saw that shooting. a foreign film crew were following chavez when the shooting broke out it was a coup attempt and they were not shooting at the crowd but at the navy. viva chavez!

• Jan 24, 2008 at 1:05 AM

RCTV se murio

• Oct 26, 2007 at 2:40 PM

I liked your review! I am flying to Caracas on Nov 25 and boy, I sure will watch those telenovelas, which is a great way to improve my Spanish! By the way, do you know any cheap hostels where I can stay? I see only one on the internet. Thanks

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2007 at 4:30 AM

Hi Carolina, what a comprehensive page on your home city. Excellent information. fergy.

• Aug 26, 2007 at 7:35 PM

hello. I'm a university student who lives in Caracas. "which connection has the "buhoneros" street vendors with robbing... I think you believe what anyone said. Bye...

• anaglenny's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2007 at 9:49 AM

Carolina, tu pagina esta muy linda y me puso nostalgica! Saludos de otra venezolana en VT!

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2007 at 8:35 AM

He leído casi todos los "Local customs" tips, ¡son muy interesantes! Saludos desde Italia, Michele

• Jun 9, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Yo soy bienieto del General Rafael Maria Velasco Bustamante.Si desean mas info sobre el me pueden contactar en layv69@hotmail.com,gracias.Luis Alfredo Yanes

• Mar 7, 2007 at 6:43 AM

so all you do is carry your own loo paper and bear in mind there are more bacteria on your fingertips and vagina than on your arse, so wash your hands with the vinegar first. Remember, when you gotta go....

carolinaEspada Lives Here!

carolinaEspada

“Sooner or later I will be back to VT. First I have to upgrade my computer. I cant read your emails, nor "forum"...”

Badges & Stats in Caracas

Have you been to Caracas?