"PERFECT PARADISE IS (no longer) RIGHT THERE!" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla El Gran Roque by carolinaEspada
Isla El Gran Roque Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 256 photos
An italian couple, on their honey moon, was asaulted in the room of their posada by 3 masked/wearing hoods men. In the middle of the night, both of them were beaten up with extreme rage... AND BY MISTAKE!!! (These tourists were not the target, it was all a fatal confusion). The lady died; her husband, all tied up and with many fractures, was found the morning after. This is the first time in history that there is a crime in this "paradise", lost paradise.
For more information... go to my WARNINGS... It was a local "problem"..."situation"...in between local residents... nothing to do with tourists... the most terrible confusion and mistake.
All of our hearts are broken for this italian couple in the lost paradise.
Long time ago I wrote:
There is no other place where you can forget all of your problems and troubles. Less than 12 hours in El Gran Roque Island of Los Roques National Park are the best thing you can do for your mental health. Laying down at the beach; taking deap breaths of sea breeze; drinking a mango daikiri (and discovering a brand new flavor for mango); staring at the moon, the milky way, the stars and the shooting stars (and making tons of wishes)... you say to yourself (just to test you): "Let me see if I can worry about something..." Guess what? You cant. I´ve tried to do it every time I go there. It´s impossible, you are so happy, so relaxed, so full of joy, so in peace with yourself, that your forget all of your worries. At Los Roques nothing besides nature and pleasure has sense.
It is quite simple to get there. You just have to come to Venezuela and arrive to Simón Bolivar International Airport. Then you walk about a block away and move into the National Airport. Dont forget to make flight reservations in advanced!!!
Once you get to the main island (a half an hour flight in a small plane), El Gran Roque, there a hundred of "posadas" (guest houses). The most expensive one costs $200 per day/per person and that includes a elegant room, 3 exquisite meals and full day tours to the millions of keys that form the Archipiélago de Los Roques National Park; plus umbrellas, beach chairs, snaks, driks, ice, towels, snorkeling devices.
But there are very cheap "posadas" as well (all of them very pretty) in which they will give you a hamoc or a "catre" (tiny bed) for you to drop dead after a day of swimming and excitement. They will also give you a little chair and an umbrella to go to the keys.
At the beach there are a bunch of boats ready to take you to the keys. The price varies. It depends how far you what to go. Most of the keys are pretty close: 10 minutes away, 20, 30...
It is an awesome experience spending every day in a different key: Madriski, Franciskí, Noronkí (my favorite), La Pelona de Noronki (great for snorkeling as well as another place they call "The pool", because it is a natural pool -full of fishes- surrounded by corals), Cayo Muerto, Crasky and hundred more.
Have you ever gone skinny dipping? This is the perfect spot to do it. You usually have one key just by yourself. Total privacy.
If you go in July, you must know that is nesting time. So dont get close to the birds. Enjoy watching them from the distance. Is a great experience even for those that are not bird lovers.
In some keys there are a bunch of small black lizards. They are harmless. They will stick around to see if you feed them. If you are 7, 9 or 11 years old, and you pour some pepsicola on your legs, they will come and leek you, and all of you will have a ball. I havent done that, but I saw Marty, Paddy and Matt Burke (from Lexington, Ky) having the best of their times with the soda drink and the lizards...
You can swim, you can fish, you can eat fresh fish every day, in lobster season (starting in November) you can stuff yourself, you can do snorkeling or scuba diving, you can wind surf like crazy and you can get a ride in an "ultraliviano" (an ultra tiny car with wings). And you can climb the only mountain in order to see the old and crumbly light tower: "El Faro Holandés" and take beautiful pictures from up there. Also, you can meet people from all over the world.
After three days at Los Roques (it is much better to go on week days, because on the week ends is crowed, nut never that much...) you are more than ready for ANYTHING when you go back to your life, routine and personal anguishes. But beware, some foreigners have fallen madly in love with this place and have stayed there for ever.
- Pros:is the finest place to spend the vacations of your life!
- Cons:the sun, beware, all the sun block products are never enough!
- In a nutshell:Much better than Paradise (guaranteed...). SAY: IM A TOURIST!!!
AWFULL NEWS: SEPT. 2006 An italian couple, on their honey moon, was asaulted in the room of their posada by 3 men. In... more travel advice
Venezuelan women dont go topless to the beach. Neither skinny dip... BUT... if you are all by yourself in an island, in... more travel advice
- See All More lobsters... but further away
- See All Dont forget your trash bag (please...)
- See All Do you care for an italian?
carolinaEspada's Related Pages
Isla El Gran Roque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PERFECT PARADISE IS (no longer) RIGHT THERE!"
- "Los Roques"
- "Los Roques"
- "Los Roques"
- "::Los Roques::"
- "Los Roques"
- "This is paradise!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla El Gran Roque
- Hotels in Isla El Gran Roque
- Transportation in Isla El Gran Roque
- Nightlife in Isla El Gran Roque
- Restaurants in Isla El Gran Roque
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla El Gran Roque
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Isla El Gran Roque
- 53 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Isla El Gran Roque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla El Gran Roque
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "How is pronounced the polish last..."
- updated a Isla El Gran Roque Travel Page "PERFECT PARADISE IS (no longer) RIGHT THERE!"
- Wrote a Review GETTING KILLED BY MISTAKE IN THE LOST PARADISE in Isla El Gran Roque Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "GET MARRIED!!!"
- Commented on one of Anadayur's Isla El Gran Roque travel pages
Photos in Isla El Gran RoqueSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caracas Intro, 138 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla El Gran Roque Intro, 53 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Canaima Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- San José de Galipán Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Busto Arsizio Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Besozzo Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Nice Intro, 3 photos
- Varese Intro, 3 photos
- Dos Bocas Intro, 3 photos