"CAVTAT" Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat by KristaB

Cavtat Travel Guide: 157 reviews and 419 photos

Ancient Epidaurus - predecessor of Dubrovnik

Cavtat is peaceful and proud. It doesn't flirt with it's guests, but greets them with respect, and maybe one shy wink suggesting you are welcome.

Charming small town, half asleep, neat and clean. Megayachts are coming in over and over again. Maybe they are tired of overcrowded Dubrovnik, flirty Hvar, all those trendy ports buzzing with people.
We came to Cavtat from Dubrovnik, dizzy of atmosphere, short nights, music.

Along main promenade, between moorings for boats and cafe bars, there are rows of neatly planted flowers under the shade of old palm trees.
Serenity just overwhelms you, we had to sit in a nearest bar and have a break.
Coctails - half price from Dubrovnik. So I had two, of course. Felt like a good investment. I sat stoned in a comfy bamboo chair and enjoyed watching people passing by, small boats and large yachts mooring, chatting with some long lost friends (our kind drifts away sometimes, cursed and blessed with illusion of freedom we get on the boat, but encounters like this are so much better than regular empty chitchat). Good thing we met again here in Cavtat and not in some other port.
Just those airplanes, well, they all fly right across Cavtat to Cilipi - Dubrovnik airport. But you get used to it. With a drink or two.

• Last visit to Cavtat: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 23, 2004

• picek's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2011 at 2:28 AM

Cudovit mavzolej, pa tudi samo mesto. Rada bi enkrat obiskala ta Cavtat. Lepa stran, prav vabljivo branje za poletne dni! vesna

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Nice observation: "where soil, sea and wind meet." :-)

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2007 at 4:47 AM

what a great page. the works.

• diamond_skies's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2006 at 12:45 AM

I can't wait to eat in Galija again! :o)

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2006 at 2:06 PM

awesome....

• Rusket's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2006 at 9:53 AM

Beautiful page! I enjoyed my stay very much, even though it was in april and "only" 20 C. But hey, coming from Norway, 20 C in april is great! :-)

• grahamNI's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2006 at 3:50 AM

Great pics and works Krista.......... Im off to Cavtat on Thursday for a few days...... hoping for more sun and warmth than we have here in Ireland! Thanks for your views on Cavtat, hope to see a boat or two as well.......... Graham.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2005 at 3:00 PM

hi Kristina we too enjoyed a short stay here recently, nice pics you have

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2005 at 10:24 AM

Kristina, what a lovely page of Cavtat ! My visit to Cavtat looks like it took place in my former life... anyway very far before my VT life. I even didn't make any picture ! I hope to see you again in Marbella :-)

• GramsMyra's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2005 at 10:07 PM

Krista: Cavtat sounds so familiar so it must be close to Dubr. Name sure rings a bell. That ship looks lovely and bet you really enjoyed watching it. You write like a would-be poet or you should be a writer of some kind ! Pictures lovely as usual!

KristaB