"Mljet" Top 5 Page for this destination Mljet National Park by KristaB

Mljet National Park Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 125 photos

Odysseus was here

Historians say that Mljet could be that magical island Ogygia, where Odysseus spent seven years with nymph Calypso, who offered to make him immortal.
Her cavern was surrounded by lavish forests and meadows.
Everything was so delightful, that even gods have gazed in wonder at this goddess' home.
She nourished him with love and care, he obviously enjoyed it, yet still he decided to continue his journey and return to Penelope.
Calypso loved him so much, she decided to let him go.

Mljet is a treasure island. You come and look for treasures, as there are many around, hidden behind luscious foliage, under water, behind stone walls, in farmer's gardens ....

• Last visit to Mljet National Park: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 7, 2004

• mariat31's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2012 at 3:40 AM

My husband and I are going there in 10 days. I can't wait after reading this page. Thank you.

• Sep 21, 2008 at 2:21 PM

just came back from a wonderful trip to Croatia. Enjoyed everything but the MEAL at Burbon. It was the only bad meal we had. It was over-priced, the service was rude. I would avoid this place like the plague if your are going to be in the area.

• novsco61's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2005 at 1:14 PM

Na Mljet sem sla za 1 dan, ko sem bila na Korculi.Ze takrat me je ocaral, zato bom morala iti tja se enkrat za vec casa.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2004 at 12:35 PM

Mljet is one of the few islands I have not visited. I undestand that I should have ! Bourbon seems to taste great !

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2004 at 11:00 AM

Did you dream of the altar before or after Andro's meals;-] Those look like fish that would keep you coming back! Mljet looks like another great place that I missed in Dalmatia!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2004 at 8:03 AM

What a lovely lovely page!

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2004 at 11:33 AM

I like wild boar and I bet it would be fun to chat with Mr. Andro Krilic--but does he speak English? Otherwise, I'd just be nodding and eating my food without understanding

• truus_s's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2004 at 10:07 AM

Great page ..and beautifull photos..Thanks

• awayhome's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2004 at 9:58 AM

Nice page you have. Happy travels-))

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2003 at 6:25 AM

i do want to make croatia.. impossible to be there in person i virtual travel for the time being... i

KristaB

“Enjoy your symptom(s)!”

Badges & Stats in Mljet National Park

Have you been to Mljet National Park?

Latest Activity in Mljet National Park