"TAILESS TALES" Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man by KristaB

Isle of Man Travel Guide: 328 reviews and 735 photos

Isle of Man is windy, calm and beautiful. Gulf stream caressing its shores ensures that winters are never too cold, but the weather is often unpredictable, windy and rainy.

Me and my daughters went there to visit our long time friends. Although they moved to the IOM about 10 years ago, they know the island, its history and most interesting facts very well, and it was great pleasure to explore the island with them.

Isle of Man was always specific in the ways its inhabitants dealt with economy and politics. Simple Celtic farmers, influenced by Vikings and others went through different phases - from simple farming, through centuries of successful pirates style economy to modern day's tax heaven.

Out 10 days visit was just long enough to both explore the island and spend time with our friends. Even though small in size, Isle of Man is so rich in historic and natural sights, it takes at least 5 days of intensive and well planned exploring to visit only the most famous places.

More to come ...

• Last visit to Isle of Man: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 18, 2004

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2013 at 5:33 AM

Finally i get to IOM, even if vis your pages, will be exploring there area via VT, and who know might even get to personally see the many A digs ;-)))

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I love these pages,Joe has ALWAYS wanted to go to TT races and your pages would make me want to go also...meet you and iaint there!!! And again..Happy Birthday. Twice now I should have met you so I think I should make sure it happens somewhere.

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2009 at 11:19 PM

great pages; so near & yet so far... I've always been put off by high airfares & poor weather; I should give it a try

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2009 at 1:17 AM

I love how the train stopped for the baby ducklings... and the cat in the castle! (there is also a famous cat that lives in Roslin Chapel near Edinburgh :-) A very nice page here with good tips & photos / Jess

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2009 at 1:35 PM

hey great page, enjoyed it immensley

• bonio's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2008 at 12:32 PM

Thankyou for the great tips, we're visiting IOM later this month.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2008 at 12:32 PM

wow, very impressive indeed!

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 2:33 AM

Kalimera! Great IOM pages! But, now, come on back here and we can explore the Greek islands together my friend! Miss you !:):)

• leecouk12324's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2007 at 1:08 PM

Good Musuem Tip. Nice to have stories about Manx Cats - however I read they descended from a breed which came off a Spanish ship - this sounds more plausible. Just got a Travel Book of the Isle of Man from 1926 with beautiful photos

• Kristymamoo's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2007 at 9:06 AM

Hi there!! I have really enjoyed reading your IOM page - great to see how a visitor views this beautiful Island!! Kristy :-)

KristaB

“Enjoy your symptom(s)!”

Badges & Stats in Isle of Man

Have you been to Isle of Man?

Latest Activity in Isle of Man