"Dolomiti - Castles in the Sky" Top 5 Page for this destination Dolomiti by KristaB
Dolomiti Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 87 photos
We heard about Dolomiti Superski network of slopes and lifts, one of worlds largest ski systems, so we had to try that, too!
But possibilities for enjoyable vacation are numerous all year round.
I really hope to go back during summer, there are numerous hiking trails and cycling routes through stunning landscape, and gondolas are available for those who can't or don't like to climb.
People of Val Gardena speak Rhaeto-Romanic language that evolved from ancient language of Rhaetian people that was mixed with Latin of Roman conquerors, and got spread from Swiss Alps to Adriatic. Due to movements of tribes, the language stayed isolated in this valley, and survived until today. Most inhabitants are multilingual, speaking Italian, German and Rhaeto-Romanic. It sounded a bit like Portuguese to me, lovely melody and "sh" sounds.
Good morning = Bon di!
How are you? = Co va la pa?
Fine = Bona
See you = Assudei
Sella Ronda circle spreads over 40 km (15 km of transfers on ski lifts). We started without a plan, just to investigate, and ended completing the full circle on a very first day.
- Pros:Stunning nature, friendly people.
- Cons:Hmmm ... can't think of any, really.
- In a nutshell:WONDERFUL!
Rifugio Friedrich August is one very special place - the house, the sculpture of F. August that greets you upon arrival... more travel advice
Walking through Val Gardena, you will see many lovely shops selling these products, some are actually workshops where... more travel advice
Written Mar 4, 2004
MARMOLADA - NOT for Vertigo sufferers!
Written Sep 13, 2004
KristaB's Related Pages
Dolomiti Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dolomiti - Castles in the Sky"
- "A highlight of the Alps"
- "The real mountain for me"
- "A very nice mountain experience"
- "Dolomiti - skiing, skiing, skiing...:)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dolomiti
- Hotels in Dolomiti
- Transportation in Dolomiti
- Restaurants in Dolomiti
- Shopping in Dolomiti
- Warnings and Dangers in Dolomiti
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dolomiti
- 12 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Dolomiti?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dolomiti
Top 10 Pages
- Slovenia Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hvar Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Croatia Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 25 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otok Krk Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ohrid Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vis Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue