"Unstructured retrospective under construction" KristaB's Profile
Change is good. In the last year or so, I went on a few spontaneous short holiday escapes with friends, met a new friend on a train, helped organize an improvised wedding ceremony by the sea, held newborn babies and dying hands, which reminded me that life is a terminal disease.
I don’t plan my travels to a minute, but rather have a basic timeframe with bookings that are really necessary, so there’s quite a lot of leeway for improvising. Suffering from a complete lack of interest to ‘consume’ large quantities of famous destinations and local sights, I rather observe and communicate with the locals, unless my presence and curiosity might be imposing and disrespectful towards their situation.
I was selected to be the official Spontaneous Wedding photographer & videographer - since the couple had no idea an informal wedding is being organized for them, we had to prepare everything in secrecy. This involved inflating baloons in a tent, running and hiding in bushes, drinking beer all morning so we can have enough empty cans to tie to their car etc. I made the top of her wedding dress from a mosquito net.
This specific excursion to Istria was about nurturing appetite for culture.
A stunning open-air performance of King Lear includes the audience moving from one authentic ruin to another and close encounters with actors.
Sadly, I forgot to take my camera to Tom Jones concert in Pula Arena. That dude is such an amazing performer and at the tender age of 70 still steamin' hot, all four of us ladies aged from 35 to 55 had a blast, our hips were burning but not from arthritis!
How could I possibly refuse a pledge from a friend to join her on her medical conference trip to Florence? That's what friends are for!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 324 Reviews
- 838 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 26 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How much your prepared to pay..."
- Commented on one of KristaB's Slovenia tips
updated their Profile Page "Unstructured retrospective under construction"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Unstructured retrospective under construction"
- KristaB and Odiseya are now friends.
- updated a Ohrid Travelogue "VT Meeting - the sightseeing tour"
- Wrote a Review Struga about outside ohrid in Ohrid Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Slovenia Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hvar Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Croatia Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 25 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otok Krk Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ohrid Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vis Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue