"A FUNCTIONAL ENTRY GATE TO BOLIVIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz de la Sierra by Petit_Prince
Santa Cruz de la Sierra Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 76 photos
Santa Cruz is a fast growing town in Bolivia. It is now the second town of the country, after La Paz, and before Sucre, which reivindicates to be "the other capital".
The growth of the town has been supported in last decade by the growth in Cocaine trade activities, but in the last years, the tropical agriculture has eclipsed a bit this influence.
Wandering in Santa Cruz is a little bit disappointing. There is not much to see in the town. It is a good entry point in the country because it is a large town, because its altitude is low, 200 meters, compared to the 3500 meters and over of Sucre, Uyuni and la Paz (the Western part of the country).
In this picture, you can see a sample of what Sant Cruz is: low buildings spread over the town, apparent electric cable (bad for photographers, arghh), and standards of life that are much higher than the rest of the country.
- Pros:A good place to begin a trip to the western part of Bolivia
- Cons:Not many things to see in the town
- In a nutshell:A glance to the other (wealthy) Bolivia
About 50 kms of Santa Cruz, near Samaipata and El Fuerte (you can easily combine the 3 sights for a pleasant day around... more travel advice
On the road to Samaipata from Santa Cruz, you can admire these wonderful landscapes. It reminds me to Switzerland... more travel advice
Petit_Prince's Related Pages
Santa Cruz de la Sierra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "If it's Wednesday, this must be Santa Cruz"
- "A FUNCTIONAL ENTRY GATE TO BOLIVIA"
- "Santa Cruz de la Sierra"
- "Santa Cruz"
- "Human Slaves In An Insect Nation, ArrrrrAhhhhAhhh!"
- "The earth creation"
- "PKRAZY's new Santa Cruz Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- Hotels in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- Transportation in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- Nightlife in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- Restaurants in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- Shopping in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Santa Cruz de la Sierra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
Photos in Santa Cruz de la SierraSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Mongolia Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mali Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fira Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Naxos Island 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oia Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Djenne Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sucre Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz de la Sierra Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Madrid Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos