"SUCRE, THE OTHER CAPITAL" Sucre by Petit_Prince
Sucre Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 140 photos
With the arrival to Sucre, we abandon the lowlands and begin to gain altitude. Sucre is 2800 ms. over the sea level.
Sucre was the Capital of Bolivia until La Paz took this role.
Nowadays, Sucre is where the Court of Justice is, and there are plenty of lawyer offices spread all over the town.
Sucre is also full of universities and schools. Foreign students go to Sucre to learn Quechua language.
When wandering in the town, you can see that Sucre was the capital of the country, and you can admire the colonial style in many white houses and in the curches as well. In the cathedral concretely, you can appreciate the mixture between native roots and materials and the spanish influence.
As in all the places, a visit to Sucre is not complete unless you meet locals. Good places for that are the market, and the square at the top of the city, where you have the opportunity to play table football with the pupils of the school in the very square and have a rewarding contact with them.
- Pros:Feel the vestige of the colonial influence
- Cons:So many electric cables in the streets
- In a nutshell:Between past and present, between low and high lands.
From the square, at the top of Sucre, you have a nice view on the town. But you can also play table football with the... more travel advice
It is definitely worth getting up early at some point of your stay in Sucre, so that you can enjoy a walk in the desert... more travel advice
Petit_Prince's Related Pages
Sucre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sucre (2.790 m)"
- "Capital of Bolivia"
- "La Ciudad Blanca (The White City)"
- "Sucre: the White City"
- "The city of four names"
- "SUCRE, THE OTHER CAPITAL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sucre
- Hotels in Sucre
- Transportation in Sucre
- Nightlife in Sucre
- Restaurants in Sucre
- Warnings and Dangers in Sucre
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sucre
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Sucre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sucre
Top 10 Pages
- Mongolia Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mali Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fira Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oia Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Naxos Island 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Djenne Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sucre Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz de la Sierra Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Madrid Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos