"Loreto, Baja California Sur" Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto by windsorgirl
Loreto Travel Guide: 149 reviews and 346 photos
I began my tour of Baja in Loreto. This is where many of the kayaking groups depart from, including mine. Our hotel was located on the beach and we awoke every morning to a beautiful sunrise such as this.
Loreto was first settled in 1697 and was the original capital of Baja, but after many years of destruction by not only hurricanes, but earthquakes, the capitol was relocated to La Paz.
Loreto has a wonderful location between the Sierra Giganta Mountain Ranges and the Sea of Cortez. It attracts a large number of American and Canadian tourists. Therefore it has many good restaurants and cafes, and also shopping opportunities.
I think Loreto makes a good base for exploring the Bahia de la Concepcion to the north, Magdelena Bay to the west and the Sierra Giganta coast to the south. You may even come across a travelling orange salesman on your journey.
If you plan your visit to Baja between mid January and mid March, you will have the opportunity to see the grey whales... more travel advice
I booked an organized kayak tour from Canada that departed from Loreto and returned to Loreto. I will write more about... more travel advice
windsorgirl's Related Pages
Loreto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hidden paradise"
- "California's historycal capital"
- "Loreto, Baja California Sur"
- "We're here....now what?"
- "The emergence of Loreto, Baja Mexico"
- "Possibly the most beautiful town in Baja Sur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Loreto
- Hotels in Loreto
- Transportation in Loreto
- Nightlife in Loreto
- Restaurants in Loreto
- Shopping in Loreto
- Warnings and Dangers in Loreto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Loreto
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Loreto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Loreto
Photos in LoretoSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Thornbury Intro, 22 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobermory Intro, 26 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baffin Island Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues