"2 days in Tulum" Tulum by windsorgirl

Tulum Travel Guide: 461 reviews and 1,356 photos

My stay in Tulum was part of a short one week winter escape. I spent my first 4 days on Isla Mujeres, then a night near Chichen Itza and my last 2 nights here in Tulum. One day to see the ruins and one day to relax on the beach was fine.

I liked staying at the cabanas in Tulum. It was a very laid back atomosphere in a gorgeous beach side setting within walking distance of the ruins. There were many other backpackers from around the world also staying here.

I had a great day exploring and photographing the ruins. I didn't pay for a guided tour but was able to eavesdrop when I felt like it. There were many iguanas here and also a beautiful beach to swim at.

• Last visit to Tulum: Feb 2001
  • Intro Updated Oct 4, 2003

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 10:33 AM

Although I liked Tulum and its location overlooking the Sea, I loooved Chichen-Itza. It truly was a magical place. Hugs. Lori.

• Sandi-2004's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2004 at 8:51 PM

Your photos are amazing- the colors and definition are excellent. Great composition also. Love the VW.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2003 at 5:32 PM

very nice page. especially your photos. they are very very good. i'm impressed.

• Freebeacher's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2003 at 11:09 AM

Funky looking beach (and VW) Is it a fun place?

windsorgirl

“Enjoy the little things for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things.”

Badges & Stats in Tulum