"Jasper, Mother Nature's Masterpiece" Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper National Park by windsorgirl
Jasper National Park Travel Guide: 436 reviews and 1,121 photos
Jasper National Park was established in 1907 on the eastern slopes of the Rockies. It borders British Columbia to the west and Banff National Park to the south. It is only a 4hr drive from Edmonton and 230kms north of Banff. There is also regular train service from Edmonton and Vancouver.
There are beautiful mountain and lake vistas throughout with many hiking and boating opportunities. Plan to spend at least 3 or 4 days here.
Jasper is known for its magnificent glaciers, including North America's most accessible glacier, the Athabasca. You will also come across smaller glaciers while hiking in the mountains, such as this one on Mt. Edith Cavell.
While visiting the Rockies, you must leave your car for a slower, quiet interaction with nature. There are many challenging hikes in Jasper, but also many easy ones, even wheelchair accessible paths as well as great spots for a picnic.
I will include info on the hikes that I have personally done here under Sports Travel Tips.
Jasper National Park is known for its abundance of wildlife. You will undoubtably encounter some animals along your way,... more travel advice
First a lesson on glaciers. A glacier is a constantly moving river of ice. The Athabasca Glacier moves a few centimetres... more travel advice
windsorgirl's Related Pages
Jasper National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Wind Whispers Jasper"
- "Crown Jewel of the Canadian National Park System"
- "The beautiful Jasper National Park in Alberta."
- "Jasper, Mother Nature's Masterpiece"
- "WELCOME TO JASPER NATIONAL PARK"
- "A dream come true."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jasper National Park
- Hotels in Jasper National Park
- Transportation in Jasper National Park
- Nightlife in Jasper National Park
- Restaurants in Jasper National Park
- Shopping in Jasper National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Jasper National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jasper National Park
- 18 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Jasper National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jasper National Park
- updated a Jasper National Park Travel Page "Jasper, Mother Nature's Masterpiece"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Jasper, Mother Nature's Masterpiece"
- Commented on one of LoriPori's Jasper National Park travel pages
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Tailors in Hanoi + Pho Quoc..."
- Wrote a Review Watch out for Wildlife about Wildlife. in Jasper National Park Things to Do
Photos in Jasper National ParkSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Thornbury Intro, 22 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobermory Intro, 26 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baffin Island Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues