"The Beautiful Bruce Peninsula" Top 5 Page for this destination Tobermory by windsorgirl
Tobermory Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 280 photos
The Bruce Peninsula lies between Lake Huron and Georgian Bay about 350kms northwest of Toronto. The Peninsula itself is 90 kms long from Wiarton in the south to Tobermory in the north.
The Lake Huron side of the peninsula is fairly flat with some good sandy beaches. However the Georgian Bay side, is rocky and rugged, with the spectacular white cliffs of the Niagara Escarpment towering 40 m above the clear waters of Georgian Bay. In between, you will find bucolic farms and rural cottages.
The Bruce Peninsula is famous for the Bruce Trail, a hiking path that stretches for 782 kms from Niagara Falls to Tobermory. The path follows the scenic Niagara Escarpment as closely as possible, passing through 1000 year old cedar forests, open meadows, small villages and past some stunning coastal viewpoints of Georgian Bay.
Be sure to hike at least a portion of this trail while visiting the Bruce Peninsula. I will write descriptions for a few sections that I did under Sports Activities.
Inglis Falls is located in a beautiful Conservation Area just south of the town of Owen Sound. Follow 2nd Ave east and... more travel advice
Some of the best diving in North America is found in the crystal clear waters surrounding the Bruce Peninsula. Within... more travel advice
windsorgirl's Related Pages
Tobermory Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Beautiful Bruce Peninsula"
- "From Tobermory to Fathom Five National Marine Park"
- "Back to the Bruce, eh?"
- "The Bruce Peninsula"
- "Tobermory at the top of the Bruce Pennisula"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tobermory
- Hotels in Tobermory
- Transportation in Tobermory
- Nightlife in Tobermory
- Restaurants in Tobermory
- Shopping in Tobermory
- Warnings and Dangers in Tobermory
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tobermory
- 26 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Tobermory?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tobermory
- updated a Tobermory Travel Page "The Beautiful Bruce Peninsula"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Beautiful Bruce Peninsula"
- Wrote a Review Inglis Falls near Owen Sound in Tobermory Off The Beaten Path
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Tailors in Hanoi + Pho Quoc..."
- Commented on one of a5floor's Tobermory travel pages
Photos in TobermorySee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Thornbury Intro, 22 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobermory Intro, 26 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baffin Island Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues