"Colourful and Weird Hoodoos at Bryce" Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park by windsorgirl

Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Guide: 588 reviews and 1,512 photos

Bryce Canyon National Park is another example of fascinating scenery in southern Utah. It's tall rocky spires called Hoodoos are striped in colours of orange, pink, red and white. And, there are thousands of them standing at attention in each of the natural amphitheaters that you will encounter along the 18 mile scenic drive through the park.

What You Need To Know

Bryce Canyon is located just east of Panguitch in southern Utah on Scenic Byway 12. It is only 78 miles east of Zion NP, 260 miles south of Salt Lake City and 270 miles west of Moab.

Admission to the park is $20 per vehicle or you can use your National Parks Pass which costs $50 and is good for all National Parks in the USA and is good for one year.

There are 50 miles of hiking paths at Bryce, two campgrounds and horseback riding available. It is also a popular winter destination for cross country skiing and snow shoeing.

Our Visit to Bryce Canyon

My visit to this National Park was stop number nine on our 16 day driving tour through the American Southwest. We only spent half a day here, due to the rainy weather. I think in a full day, you could see it all.

We began our trip in Las Vegas, where we picked up our rental car and then headed southeast and drove through Arizona and then north to Moab, Utah. From Moab, we headed southwest back towards Vegas, stopping at Bryce and Zion Canyons on the way.

It was a great trip with many memorable hikes through fascinating and diverse scenery.

• Last visit to Bryce Canyon National Park: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 16, 2004

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Great guidance through the various parks in the area. Thanks for saving me search time

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2005 at 2:58 PM

I think Bryce is my favourite National Park in the US (well one that I have seen anyway). Great page!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2005 at 5:22 AM

Bryce Canyon really is a beautiful park. Awesome photos of Natural Bridge and the mule deer. Hugs. Lori.

• johanl's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2005 at 8:44 AM

You must have had a good time in Bryce Canyon. Astonishing pictures.!!!!!

• Easty's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2004 at 3:40 PM

I was very impressed with Bryce Canyon when I was there last Spring. Nice pictures, especially of the Natural Bridge.

windsorgirl

“Enjoy the little things for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things.”

Badges & Stats in Bryce Canyon National Park

Have you been to Bryce Canyon National Park?