"Colourful and Weird Hoodoos at Bryce" Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park by windsorgirl
Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Guide: 588 reviews and 1,512 photos
Bryce Canyon National Park is another example of fascinating scenery in southern Utah. It's tall rocky spires called Hoodoos are striped in colours of orange, pink, red and white. And, there are thousands of them standing at attention in each of the natural amphitheaters that you will encounter along the 18 mile scenic drive through the park.
Bryce Canyon is located just east of Panguitch in southern Utah on Scenic Byway 12. It is only 78 miles east of Zion NP, 260 miles south of Salt Lake City and 270 miles west of Moab.
Admission to the park is $20 per vehicle or you can use your National Parks Pass which costs $50 and is good for all National Parks in the USA and is good for one year.
There are 50 miles of hiking paths at Bryce, two campgrounds and horseback riding available. It is also a popular winter destination for cross country skiing and snow shoeing.
My visit to this National Park was stop number nine on our 16 day driving tour through the American Southwest. We only spent half a day here, due to the rainy weather. I think in a full day, you could see it all.
We began our trip in Las Vegas, where we picked up our rental car and then headed southeast and drove through Arizona and then north to Moab, Utah. From Moab, we headed southwest back towards Vegas, stopping at Bryce and Zion Canyons on the way.
It was a great trip with many memorable hikes through fascinating and diverse scenery.
Many people combine a trip to Bryce Canyon with a visit to Zion National Park. Zion Canyon is located only 78 miles... more travel advice
Described as an All American Road passing through some of the most varied and beautiful landscapes in the country,... more travel advice
windsorgirl's Related Pages
Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Hoodoos and Queens"
- "Bryce Canyon – magic encounters with artist Earth"
- "Don't Think Thrice, Bryce is All Right!"
- "Hoodoo's-NOt Boo Hoo's"
- "Colourful and Weird Hoodoos at Bryce"
- "Bryce Canyon National Park"
- "Roundtrip USA : part 16 Bryce Canyon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Hotels in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Transportation in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Nightlife in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Restaurants in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Shopping in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Bryce Canyon National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bryce Canyon National Park
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Bryce Canyon National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bryce Canyon National Park
- updated a Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Page "Colourful and Weird Hoodoos at Bryce"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Colourful and Weird Hoodoos at Bryce"
- Wrote a Review A Great Spot for a Hot Meal in Bryce Canyon National Park Restaurants
- Commented on one of Michael_D's Bryce Canyon National Park travel pages
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Tailors in Hanoi + Pho Quoc..."
Photos in Bryce Canyon National ParkSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Thornbury Intro, 22 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobermory Intro, 26 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baffin Island Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues