"Amazing Arches" Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park by windsorgirl
Arches National Park Travel Guide: 612 reviews and 1,590 photos
Arches National Park contains the highest number of natural stone arches found anywhere in the world. There are over 2000 of them here as well as red rock canyons, fins, spires and balancing rocks.
There are many excellent hiking paths that will lead you to these amazing arches and countless photo opportunities. You can't miss Utah's famous symbol, Delicate Arch, pictured here. If you can't make the hike to see it in person, you will certainly notice it on all the Utah license plates!
Arches National Park is located 5 miles north of Moab on Hwy 191. The park and its Visitor Center are open year round.
Admission is $20 per vehicle for one week or you can use your National Parks Pass which is also good at nearby Canyonlands National Park. The National Parks Pass is $50 but is good for an entire year all over the USA.
There are camping facilities here and an 18 mile scenic drive that will deliver you to many viewpoints. Plan on spending an entire day here, from sunrise to sunset.
I strongly suggest visiting the Moab Information Center in town the day before you plan on touring Arches NP. They will provide you with a map and are more than happy to help you plan your day at Arches.
Arches NP was our seventh stop on our 16 day driving tour through the American Southwest that began in Vegas, headed east through northern Arizona, then north to Moab. We spent 3 days in Moab including a 12 hour day here at Arches and another full day at Canyonlands NP. From here we headed southwest, stopping at Bryce and Zion Canyons before returning to Las Vegas.
It was a great trip through a diverse and fascinating landscape.
This photo shows the view as we have just hiked past the tall rock spire pictured in the previous tip along the hike to... more travel advice
Not many tourists take this hike out to Broken Arch. In fact, we hadn't considered it until it was recommended at the... more travel advice
windsorgirl's Related Pages
Arches National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arches NP - Arches Sandstone Wonderland"
- "Finding the Angles at Arches"
- "Arches National Park"
- "Vistas around every bend..."
- "Amazing Arches"
- "ARCHES NATIONAL PARK - UTAH"
- "Desert Gem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arches National Park
- Hotels in Arches National Park
- Transportation in Arches National Park
- Nightlife in Arches National Park
- Restaurants in Arches National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Arches National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arches National Park
- 20 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Arches National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arches National Park
- Uploaded a Photo to "Amazing Arches"
- updated a Arches National Park Travel Page "Amazing Arches"
- Wrote a Review Hiking through the Fin Canyon in Arches National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of Easty's Arches National Park travel pages
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Tailors in Hanoi + Pho Quoc..."
Photos in Arches National ParkSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Thornbury Intro, 22 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobermory Intro, 26 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baffin Island Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues