"Las Vegas on a Budget" Las Vegas by windsorgirl
Las Vegas Travel Guide: 8,458 reviews and 17,444 photos
You can blow alot of money in Las Vegas if you want to, but it's not necessary. My pages are going to be a guide to those of us that like to save money while travelling, because the more you save....the more you can travel!!
Las Vegas has become more than just a gambler's paradise. Speaking as a non-gambler I can attest to the vast number of attractions that appeal to the rest of us. Las Vegas is definitely a must see destination, at least once in your life if only for a few days. Where else can you visit Egypt and New York in the same afternoon, then walk a few kms to find Italy across the street from Paris?
Las Vegas is a great city to fly into, there are plenty of cheap flights, so we chose this as our first destination in our tour of the American Southwest. We only spent 2 nights here before driving off in our rental car for 2 weeks to explore Arizona and Utah, returning to Vegas for our last night before flying home.
While here we did alot of walking. We walked the strip from Mandalay Bay to the Stratosphere during the day and back again that night! That's a seven mile round trip, but we didn't mind as we were conditioning ourselves for our upcoming hike into the Grand Canyon.
We also enjoyed the overindulgence at the All-You-Can -Eat Buffets, a decadent American tradition! Again, we considered it necessary nourishment to fuel our bodies for our 2 weeks of hiking throughout Arizona and Utah.
1. Don't Gamble! Or at least keep to a budget. Only plan to gamble away what you would normally have spent on an evening's entertainment, and be sure to enjoy the free drinks while you play!
2. Try to plan your stay in Vegas mid week. The cost of a hotel room can double on a Friday or Saturday night. The cost of your flight will also be cheaper.
3. Choose your accomodations off the Strip. There are plenty of hotels located just a block or two off Las Vegas Blvd.
4. Have your big meal at lunch rather than at dinner. Most of the buffets offer almost the same menu at lunch and dinner but for less money at lunch time.
5. Visit the tourist information located at the Las Vegas Convention Center on Paradise Rd. The staff was very helpful and gave us a list of free attractions and coupons and suggested inexpensive entertainment.
It is a fun drive through Valley of the Fire State Park along its twisting, turning road. You will go right, left, up... more travel advice
The colossal Hoover Dam was completed in 1935 giving this desert region and Las Vegas a reliable water supply from the... more travel advice
windsorgirl's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "las vegas"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 18 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
- Commented on one of michanth's Las Vegas travel pages
- Wrote a Review Driving through the Valley of Fire about Valley of Fire State Park in Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Driving through the Valley of Fire"
- updated a Las Vegas Travel Page "Las Vegas on a Budget"
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Tailors in Hanoi + Pho Quoc..."
Photos in Las VegasSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Thornbury Intro, 22 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobermory Intro, 26 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baffin Island Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues