"Las Vegas on a Budget" Las Vegas by windsorgirl

Las Vegas Travel Guide: 8,474 reviews and 17,496 photos

You can blow alot of money in Las Vegas if you want to, but it's not necessary. My pages are going to be a guide to those of us that like to save money while travelling, because the more you save....the more you can travel!!

Las Vegas has become more than just a gambler's paradise. Speaking as a non-gambler I can attest to the vast number of attractions that appeal to the rest of us. Las Vegas is definitely a must see destination, at least once in your life if only for a few days. Where else can you visit Egypt and New York in the same afternoon, then walk a few kms to find Italy across the street from Paris?

First Stop on our Tour of Southwestern USA

Las Vegas is a great city to fly into, there are plenty of cheap flights, so we chose this as our first destination in our tour of the American Southwest. We only spent 2 nights here before driving off in our rental car for 2 weeks to explore Arizona and Utah, returning to Vegas for our last night before flying home.

While here we did alot of walking. We walked the strip from Mandalay Bay to the Stratosphere during the day and back again that night! That's a seven mile round trip, but we didn't mind as we were conditioning ourselves for our upcoming hike into the Grand Canyon.

We also enjoyed the overindulgence at the All-You-Can -Eat Buffets, a decadent American tradition! Again, we considered it necessary nourishment to fuel our bodies for our 2 weeks of hiking throughout Arizona and Utah.

How to Save Money in Las Vegas

1. Don't Gamble! Or at least keep to a budget. Only plan to gamble away what you would normally have spent on an evening's entertainment, and be sure to enjoy the free drinks while you play!

2. Try to plan your stay in Vegas mid week. The cost of a hotel room can double on a Friday or Saturday night. The cost of your flight will also be cheaper.

3. Choose your accomodations off the Strip. There are plenty of hotels located just a block or two off Las Vegas Blvd.

4. Have your big meal at lunch rather than at dinner. Most of the buffets offer almost the same menu at lunch and dinner but for less money at lunch time.

5. Visit the tourist information located at the Las Vegas Convention Center on Paradise Rd. The staff was very helpful and gave us a list of free attractions and coupons and suggested inexpensive entertainment.

• Last visit to Las Vegas: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 19, 2004

• doreenellen's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2005 at 12:56 AM

Happy Birthday from England and congrats on an excellent and informative page. I agree it is a must place to visit and will be there again Nov.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2005 at 2:19 PM

Really outstanding pages on Las Vegas. So thorough and organized which I admire. Superior photographs, and I really liked the night shots. Wonderful suggest for saving money. Terrific tips for restaurants and hotel. Good travelogue, too.

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 11:59 AM

Enjoyed all your tips about LV; had to return to find out where you stayed! It's a fun place and you are right about spending $$; places to stay and meals can be cheaper here than almost anywhere else.

• Djinn76's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2005 at 1:55 PM

Really great page, I'm now starting to get an idea about what to expect. Thanks!!

• Dec 19, 2004 at 6:41 AM

Great start to your Las Vegas pages...Looking forward to returning for more,as you complete them.

• VincentJJ's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2004 at 6:38 AM

Gr8 Vegas tips!!!

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2004 at 9:28 AM

I didn't see that you went to Vegas! Wasn't it awesome? We hope to go next year, as I didn't get a chance to see Fremont street. And the shopping... :o) Great tips and pictures, I like to save money too. ~ Helen

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2004 at 12:12 PM

WOW! I love the Las Vegas at night pictures. It really is a fascinating city. You saw quite a bit in two days. Fremont is a definite must see. Leaving Friday for Biloxi Mississippi. Hugs. Lori.

• tak_pap's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2004 at 10:44 PM

fancinating page ! Great site

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2004 at 10:28 PM

You really had a good and interesting time in LV - very nice pictures and great tips. So much has changed since I was there last. Venice.... incredible.... :-)

windsorgirl

“Enjoy the little things for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things.”

Badges & Stats in Las Vegas

Have you been to Las Vegas?