"The Red Centre and north to Darwin" Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory by windsorgirl

Northern Territory Travel Guide: 2,393 reviews and 8,004 photos

The Red Centre

There is definitely more to see than Ayers Rock and the Olgas. In 2001, I spent a week in the Red Centre and joined a 5 day camping tour that took us to many places off the beaten track.

Our guide was also very knowledgeable about the local flora and fauna and he made a point of getting us to and from the most popular sites before the other tourists arrived.

Darwin to Alice Springs

In 1990, I took a 14 day tour from Darwin south to Alice Springs. We visited Kakadu National Park, Katherine Gorge, The Devil's Marbles, Mataranka Hot Spring, and Ross River in addition to the Red Centre.

• Last visit to Northern Territory: Nov 2001
  • Intro Updated Jan 6, 2004

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2006 at 4:38 AM

Great tips!! Some interesting excursions here...

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2005 at 9:33 AM

The five day camping tour sounds fantastic. I would hope we could take it when we visit Austraila in a couple of years. And a hot air baloon ride paid for with your casino winnings - What great Karma you must have!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 2:15 PM

Beautiful and exciting stuff. We're going to the Alice and NT this June. Any suggestions on balloon operators?

• skatzcatz's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2005 at 5:03 PM

Glad to see you enjoyed the Territory, havn't gotten down to Alice myself yet, but have plans to in march this year. Enjoy Canada, its the 2nd best place after Australia in my mind......

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2004 at 6:26 AM

Hi there, this was a great page. Did you take all the pictures? They were great, cool tips as well. Everyone has to get to Australia I guess :-) Cheers! The Ballooning and Camels looked fun.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2004 at 4:47 PM

I really enjoyed your "Northern Territory" pages, especially Ayer's Rock, Alice Springs and the shadow of the camels pic is so cool. Awesome job. Hugs. Lori.

• 71stuman's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2004 at 5:02 AM

Hello from The Red Centre You have traveled the life I live in the NT(Northern Territory)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2004 at 5:50 PM

An excellent and very enjoyable page! I wish that I had been able to explore this and other great regions of Aussie while I was so close! You know how to do it up right!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2004 at 10:42 PM

superb page, and yes australia2 is right....must keep an eye on you ^..^

• australia2's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2004 at 3:14 PM

Superbly done ! Boy, I must look at more of your pages. You are some traveller.

windsorgirl

“Enjoy the little things for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things.”

Badges & Stats in Northern Territory

Have you been to Northern Territory?

Latest Activity in Northern Territory