"Discovering Victoria's Secrets" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Victoria by windsorgirl

State of Victoria Travel Guide: 6,356 reviews and 15,787 photos

Wilson's Prom

I am lucky to have a friend who lives in Melbourne, the capital of Victoria, and so I have visited this state twice. Once in 1990 and again in 2001.

During both of my visits I travelled to Wilson's Promontory National Park for some great hiking. I think Wilson's Prom is Victoria's best kept secret and was my favourite destination. This photo was taken atop Mt. Oberron in Dec 1990, as you can see it was very windy....and cool for summer!

Melbourne

I met my Victorian friend while backpacking through Europe on my first solo adventure in 1987. We still keep in touch to this day, and I have visited her twice in Oz, she has come once to Canada and we have met up in Nepal for a holiday there together in 1995.

I spent a few weeks each visit with my friend in Melbourne. In 1990 she was living very close to downtown so I was able to walk to most of the city sights. In 2001, we stayed in Fairfield and I became adept at riding the trains with my bike and exploring the many great bike trails and beaches around Melbourne, including my favourite....Brighton Beach, pictured here.

Mornington Peninsula

Apart from Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road, I knew little about Victoria. However, when you stay with a local, they introduce you to some wonderful "secret" locations that an overseas traveller might not make it to.

This photo was taken near Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula, it is a wonderful spot for summer holidays and is nearby to Phillip Island.

• Pros:Wilson's Prom and the Great Ocean Road
  • Cons:summer weather can be cool and wet!
  • Last visit to State of Victoria: Dec 2001
  • Intro Updated Sep 12, 2004

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2005 at 10:19 AM

Great places to visit and just at the right time of year, too! ;-\

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2005 at 8:48 AM

Beautiful State! I hope to go there in 2006! Great page!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2005 at 6:45 AM

What a great experience it must have been for those two stranded on London Bridge - quite a story to tell. And I can depend on you to find the neat hiking trails. It's always a pleasure to take a Virtual Tour with you.

• Xemx's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2004 at 12:03 PM

Hello, I was born in Melb. but live far away in Malta...your travel page brought back a lot of memories...thank you :-)

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2004 at 3:42 PM

Very entertaining page. Photos are sooo colorful, too. 75K for those beach shacks, eh? And I thought Florida real estate was nuts. Loved the clever page title, too. : )

• Kristina1701's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2003 at 11:12 AM

what a beautiful and colourful city!

windsorgirl

“Enjoy the little things for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things.”

Badges & Stats in State of Victoria

Have you been to State of Victoria?

Latest Activity in State of Victoria