"3 Weeks in Baja Sur" Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur by windsorgirl
Estado de Baja California Sur Travel Guide: 1,241 reviews and 2,565 photos
Baja, Mexico is a narrow peninsula of land that extends 1059 miles south from San Diego, California. On the west coast you will find the cooler, rougher waters of the Pacific Ocean (great for surfers). On the east side you will find the warmer, calmer waters of the Sea of Cortez. The northern point of entry is Tijuana. At the very southern tip of the Baja Peninsula is time share heaven in trendy Cabo San Lucas, a popular and expensive party destination. In between, you will find quiet, less expensive and more "mexican" towns with beautiful beaches and desert landscapes. The peninsula is divided into norte and sur. My time was spent in Southern Baja (Baja Sur).
I had wanted to visit Baja for many years after seeing a tv program about kayak/camping trips in the area. After gaining some kayaking experience this past summer in Georgian Bay, I decided that I was finally ready for this trip. Our kayak trip was 8 days departing from Loreto, see my travelogues for all the details. After the kayaking, we rented a car and explored the coastline north of Loreto to Mulege one day, then drove west to Magdalena Bay for a day of whale watching.
We saw dozens of whales in the secluded bay, this was definitely the highlight of my trip to Baja. I strongly suggest you plan your trip in February to see this awesome sight too.
My travelling companion headed home then but I continued on to La Paz and Todos Santos by bus, making a daytrip to the very touristy Cabo San Lucas from Todos Santos.
While in Baja, I really enjoyed the desert landscape with it's red rock formations and many many cactii.
- In a nutshell:In Mexico, anything is possible, but nothing is for certain!
Hotel Yeneka is in a great location minutes from the cathedral and the Malecon. Each room has unique mural paintings... more travel advice
While in Baja, I suggest you get out of your car and go for a walk amongst the beautiful cactii and desert blooms. You... more travel advice
Written Mar 11, 2004
Kayaking in the Sea of Cortez
Written Apr 13, 2004
Kayak Trip Continued....
windsorgirl's Related Pages
Estado de Baja California Sur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "3 Weeks in Baja Sur"
- "cycling in the land of the giant cactus."
- "I arrived in the BJC on July 30, 2008..."
- "Car round trip from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas"
- "Baja California Sur"
- "Los Cabos"
- "I'll never forget the trip to Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Baja California Sur
- Hotels in Estado de Baja California Sur
- Transportation in Estado de Baja California Sur
- Nightlife in Estado de Baja California Sur
- Restaurants in Estado de Baja California Sur
- Shopping in Estado de Baja California Sur
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Baja California Sur
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Estado de Baja California Sur
- 34 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Estado de Baja California Sur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Baja California Sur
- Commented on one of Davidp1952's Estado de Baja California Sur travel pages
- updated a Estado de Baja California Sur Travel Page "3 Weeks in Baja Sur"
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Tailors in Hanoi + Pho Quoc..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kayak Trip Continued...."
- Wrote a Review Funky Hotel in the heart of La Paz in Estado de Baja California Sur Hotels
Photos in Estado de Baja California SurSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Thornbury Intro, 22 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobermory Intro, 26 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baffin Island Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (14)
Top Estado de Baja California Sur hotels
- Cabo San Lucas Hotels
- 717 Reviews - 1255 Photos
- San José del Cabo Hotels
- 57 Reviews - 118 Photos
- Loreto Hotels
- 137 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Guerrero Negro Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 54 Photos
- Los Barriles Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 112 Photos
- Todos Santos Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 117 Photos
- Ensenada Los Muertos Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- San Felipe Hotels
- 1 Review - 2 Photos
- Puerto Escondido Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 10 Photos
- El Triunfo Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 6 Photos
- El Sargento Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Santa Rosalía Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 4 Photos
- La Paz Hotels
- 90 Reviews - 201 Photos
- Zacatecas Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 4 Photos
- El Cardoncito Hotels
- See nearby hotels